• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Tinalera's Freaky Friday Fools Film Fest entries

Thought I maybe should put this here anyway, just in case :)

Meant to put Funky in that Title- CF deserves credit too ;)

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV0owh1Nz5k

Away we go ;)

LIke I said in the other thread, there's NO Audio track at the moment- waiting for my composer to get me a score ;)

Anyway-it DOES end after the couch scene-part of my quandry, which I'll explain as some have watched it-but it has to do with unable being able to fade out cleanly. :)

No credits or anything yet, like I said it's not the finished product :)

Last edited:
Is this meant to be silent?

If not, im not getting any sound.

As I said, I don't have my score yet, so there's no soundtrack-just video. HOPEFULLY I get maybe after this weekend-but it's someone doing me a favor :) So I have no cause to push :)

Flicker- Okay :) I'll update it-but if you ever want to check out the vid part of it feel free :)

CF-looking forward to it!

I'm getting some VERY interesting feedback from a some people on FB about it-positive, but in an interesting way-but I'll wait for some to watch to see if they make the similar comments.

BTW, it DOES end at 4:40, it's a straight cut to black-mainly because I had some issues with fading the scene, because of it's makeup (think garbage matte ;))

I think the scoring will definitely help to express parts of it here. Like I said I mainly posted this because I wanted SOMETHING to show-and it being in my name :)

What I will say is that this is actually all completely new footage. What happened was I took at look at the footage I was having problems motivating to edit, and I found myself saying "this won't work"as far as camera angles, lighting issues, ect. And the story also changed a bit as well-plus I wanted the final scene shot to be a bit of an experiment of something I'm planning for future.

I'm anxious about the score, be interesting to see how the music "fits" :)

Last edited:
So, to those who have watched it:

I've had a few comments from others who have watched it (not here) that suggested they were really into it, and wondered "where the rest (videowise) was". What you see here and how it ends is where I wanted it to to end:

The end shot on the couch is actually a clone shot-and I had included that to see how it would work going forward into my next project-where those shots will be abundant. Yet it occured to me upon watching it, that the main character maybe didn't have an issue resolved with her OWN face-and I just wondered how others saw the end part. I did have others suggest however they liked how the film ended in a question mark-the way "good" short films end (in their opinion)

Thoughts?

You can motivate some of those cuts with sound effects... perhaps a timer going off in the kitchen motivating the action of the first person getting up to go look at the oven... if established with the previous scenes, it will motivate a cut by alluding to offscreen action... it'll also serve to "open" up the cinematic world of your short, making it seem as if there's stuff going on outside the frame.

You can motivate some of those cuts with sound effects... perhaps a timer going off in the kitchen motivating the action of the first person getting up to go look at the oven... if established with the previous scenes, it will motivate a cut by alluding to offscreen action... it'll also serve to "open" up the cinematic world of your short, making it seem as if there's stuff going on outside the frame.

That's part of the Audio which be added when I get my music score-sound effects :) The part where she looks and gets up WILL have a timer going off. ALso the music will help to imply the short is ending, so when it cuts out we have the "audio cues" it's finishing up.

It is intriguing, Tinalera. I hope to see it finished, too.

Wow, even the sample clips are awesome teaching tools on camera work, knightly. Thanks for posting that link.

Back