• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Six Bravo, Nine Nine - Episode One

Killer! Great job all around. You get every ounce of quality out of your camera, and then some.

Was like watching something with a huge budget.
(Sweet pan on the cell phone ring!)

-Thanks-

Last edited:
Really well done, shot and cut perfectly :) My only complaint would be that there wasn't much 'story' to it. But from the perspective of a pilot episode/teaser, it totally works.

God I hope you're not too busy when I need you, ROC. :) Excellent work, such detail. I especially love that little intake of breath near the end.

fun things to notice..

watch for the magical one sided sniper rifle...

1:21 boy has a tear on his (screen)right cheek. (Paul smacked his lip on the rifle in an earlier take.. poor guy! took it like a trooper!)

this site in the credits

Last edited:
Thanks for all those kind words, everyone!

Note: This was mixed as if it were a film to be played back at 85 dB SPL - so the dynamic range is wider than other made-for-you-tube videos. I'm considering mastering it for the internet (boosting the level and limiting it a tad bit), but if you listen fairly loud on headphones, the effect is awesome.

Yeah it's tough without much production sound (I don't blame you, Wheat because it's just you as the production team) but creating every individual piece of the soundscape is sometimes difficult!

That was amazing. Did you use your hv20. How do you blend your FX in to look so real? Like your fly debris at 1:18 looks pretty convicing.

Thanks goob.. the camera was the HFS100 (with the letus etc)

The fx are all post. Just lots of work and quality assets from videocopiolt.net (action esentials 2)

Key to selling the effect is:
  • motion tracking the shot, and locking the assets to that motion track
  • adjusting the color of the assets(explosions etc) to match the scene
  • using motion blur on the flying debris
  • blurring the assets in the background so they look like they are out of focus, or rather in the same focus as the scene in that area
  • time

On that particular shot what I think sells it the most is the debris falling in the background... I made that work by masking off the beam in the foreground and "defocusing" the debris that hit and rising dust cloud. The slight camera shake at impact and above all the SOUND of a 2x4 landing closes the deal. That actual bit was rather organic in creation.. I had not "set out" to have something land in the background, but once I loaded that asset and saw what was happening.. the whole 2x4 in the background just sorta happened..

Me I love the dynamic sound just the way it is. The people who are going to say its not loud enough for the PC speakers aren't going to care about the level of detail that is in there anyway... or am I in the minority.. I do have a bias ??

Then that way it will stay. You know me wheat... I'm always thinking about how I can make it better.

This is going to be a fun watch when those kids graduate high-school.

That's F-ing rad! Looks great, and sounds great (I listened on my KRK studio monitors). I got a game scheduled on XBox, but looking forward to watching this again, later.

Would definitely check out the next episode for sure! Awesome work.

The only thing that did bother me and felt a little out of place was the fade to black you through in there. I understand it was most likely used for a passing of time whether it was a few moments or a few minutes. It just felt out of place to me with how the overall pacing was. Just my opinion.

Actually, if I may ask. Why did you throw in that dissolve to black?

Thanks Opus,
It was on purpose, and yes to show "some time passing" also, youll note that there is a bookend approach.. she goes into the barn, fade to black then cut FROM black when he COMES IN.. When she is BLOWN out from the barn CUT to black and FADE from black when we see him come out.. way to much thinking about it I know.. chalk it up to nooby enthusiasm!

Back