• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Cell Phone Monologue

I enjoyed this even more hearing you talk about making it. Because I'm a filmmaking DORK! Excellent work, again.

My intern lit and shot the interview with me. She's a camera dork, which is cool. The "wood panels" are actually plastic and leaning up against the concrete wall of the studio where we do roundtables for FRAMELINES.

Yeah, I'm doing a podcast series where I show a short film and explain how I made it. It's my way of making it "educational" which gets my movies shown on educational channels in the surrounding 5 states like Michigan, Indiana, West Virginia, Kentucky, and of course Ohio. As much talk as there is that the Internet is the "best" way to get seen, television isn't dead yet. I think the Internet is the EASIEST way to put out a short, but not currently the most effective in terms of getting eyeballs. People are still watching cable TV and channel surfing. If they see something interesting, they'll stop and watch it.

I'm on my 22nd half hour episode of material like this from me and other filmmakers who have given me their material. I think the exposure from TV combined with the web is the best way to get your movies seen, at least when the movies are short and didn't cost a lot to make.

Has anyone else tried public access or some other way to get their movies on TV?

Nice short.
I love it when women call men "depressed" followed by the man defending himself by screaming and yelling, three very non-depressed behaviors.
Thank you, Miss Dr. Philwannabe. ;)

I like your tutorial, as well.
It's nice to get sneak peeks behind the wizard's curtain to see how things are done.
I just ran across a site page that explained how a couple other movie magic moments were created.
http://www.cracked.com/article_19140_8-movie-special-effects-you-wont-believe-arent-cgi_p2.html
Always interesting to see how sausage is made.

Wow, that was pretty amazing! Literally the only thing I would say is that the shot you used of the guy to CGI the window effect should have been flipped horizontally - I didn't notice it until you actually spoke about it being done in post-production, but the arm he's holding the phone in is the same in the reflection as it is in the "real" shot.

Fantastic work :)

Wow, that was pretty amazing! Literally the only thing I would say is that the shot you used of the guy to CGI the window effect should have been flipped horizontally - I didn't notice it until you actually spoke about it being done in post-production, but the arm he's holding the phone in is the same in the reflection as it is in the "real" shot.

I totally missed that too until you said that.

Here's the 3rd one in the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUWEb0mE99M

and the 4th one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5DA5Pl3mIU

I loved it. It was a story...loved the actor and the lighting and the sound.

Can you tell me about this plastic wood paneling that is in your background interview? Just something you put up for the moment?

I love the number 4 too...(I haven't watched them all yet)....but how on earth did you get any permission to film around art? Or was that filled in later?

Thanks

Can you tell me about this plastic wood paneling that is in your background interview? Just something you put up for the moment?

It's just something we have lying around the studio.

I love the number 4 too...(I haven't watched them all yet)....but how on earth did you get any permission to film around art? Or was that filled in later?

We paid to shoot at the museum of art. They can only allow us to shoot with art they own, so no traveling exhibits, etc.

ffocol.gif
The latest 2 Cell Phone Monologues will screen Monday, Sept. 23 from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the Gateway Film Center in Columbus, Ohio.

Featuring performances of Elizabeth McPherson and Maya Sayre and cinematography by Mike McNeese and Gil Whitney.

The Cell Phone Monologues take the idea of the monologue and combine it with stellar camera work

westerville.jpg

Just got a $50 gift card and notice that the Cell Phone Monologues won the GRAND PRIZE at the Westerville Film Festival!

Congrats!

Related note, I love the idea of Cell Phone Monologues. I believe I said in another one of your threads way back at the beginning of the year that I was gonna do this, and I'm finally filming my first this Saturday. (It's taken me longer than planned due to some personal stuff, but oh well)

I strongly doubt it will be at the level you're at, but one can try, right?

Anyway, I'll say it again, congrats!

Hey, thanks for uploading this.

I really enjoyed #4 and it was great to see the behind the scenes.

I was wondering about the audio, because in fine art museums like that, even just scraping footsteps can sometimes echo very loudly.

Cool project.

Best to you!

Back