God bye cruel world

I got an external case for my old drive,slapped a nice new drive internaly.Everything works just fine but there is no movie to be found.I searched alot but no movie.Just a bunch of clips I didnt use and sony vegas software is kind of there but not so I can just open it and see my timeline.Its more like click tp open certain little sony components or something of the sort. Am I missing something?Thanks,Fred ahaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahamotheraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhfuuuuucc*&(*^%

Don't panic, buddy.

Have you installed your editing software on the new C-drive? Or are you trying to run it off the old one?

Edit: I have a suitable emoticon, if that helps...

Last edited:
Sounds like a corrupt file table, or physically flawed disk.

Click on your start button, then go to run, and type cmd

That will bring up a dos window, then you'll want to run chkdisk

chkdisk d: /f

if that external drive is now drive D, otherwise replace d: above with the drive.

That might help sort things out.

I get the feeling that you probably didn't defrag as much as one should (which isn't surprising as far too many people NEVER do it)

SING IT WITH ME

HEAR THE MUSIC,I WAS SWIMMING ALONG ON MOONLIGHTBAY.........IT COST $200.30 TO BAIL MY MOVIE OUT OF JAIL...............................BUT WITH SOME HELP FROM THE INDIETALK FOLKS IMMA GONNA MAKA ME'S A MOOBEE! But Seriously folks,you know the feeling when its like thats all you have?Its like I had one of my children saved.I ran dos chkdisk and upon restart I saw replacing lost files.Thats about when I got on my knees.Im a reservist and I volunteered for a tour in that freakin scumhole to make a movie ,wound up going out of business,Im completely brain screwed for life,I take xanax like its skiddles so I dont sock my kids for letting there cell phones ring to loud close to me and I didnt even have the common sense to back up,back up,back up.Unreal.I guess I got off lucky with a couple hundred and some good advice from you guys,could be alot worse.And of course I have a dvd burning right now so if all fails I will always have a point of refference. SING ! I WAS BURNI'N ALONG.........MY MOVIE FILE. DOO DEE TOODEE DUUUUUU Thanks guys!!!!!!!!! BANG ! ,Fred

Back