• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

critique Writing a scene, could i get a review on how it is so far? 3 pages

I am new to screenwriting, this is my first project. Its a scene of a arguing couple.

Attachments

• Untitled document.pdf
    41.9 KB · Views: 96
First, you need to learn how to properly format a screenplay and use software that will support that. Celtx as a free version, as do Writer Duet and FadeIn.

Second, the first part seems to be happening in 2 rooms at the same time - the kitchen and the bedroom. You have two options: establish both locations and intercut between them or have Amy as "off stage" or "o.s" meaning she's unseen after walking through the kitchen.

And third, most of the dialogue is inconsequential. I suggest that you cut most of the blah blah blah about the food down to a single line, and quickly get to the part where Amy is pissed off at him for whatever unclear reason.

I hope that helps.

First, you need to learn how to properly format a screenplay and use software that will support that. Celtx as a free version, as do Writer Duet and FadeIn.

Second, the first part seems to be happening in 2 rooms at the same time - the kitchen and the bedroom. You have two options: establish both locations and intercut between them or have Amy as "off stage" or "o.s" meaning she's unseen after walking through the kitchen.

And third, most of the dialogue is inconsequential. I suggest that you cut most of the blah blah blah about the food down to a single line, and quickly get to the part where Amy is pissed off at him for whatever unclear reason.

I hope that helps.
Thank you very much.

Back