Wonderful holiday gifty things this year :)

Above and beyond having my family together of the holiday which was really cool, I got a lot of cool film related gifts.

MXL 990 Large Diaphragm Vocal Mic
2 dimmers
Sennheiser PX360 Headphones

A photo safari with my dad!

And I just ordered a Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EF Lens! YAY!

My daughter printed a photo of mine to a ceramic tile for display as a picture, very cool.
My son was here in the country, and showed up even though holidays aren't all that important to him.

We were also finally financially stable enough to get some gifts for ourselves… I got my wife an iPad by taking on extra work.

We got my dad a gift card to the local model train shop to kick his impetus into gear on that project… and my mom got a "Cuttle Bug" embosser for her artistic card making endeavors. Great results from that!

all in all a wonderful celebration of family most importantly, and consumerism secondarily. We're happy to be in a position to do so here. It's been an while since we could easily do so.

I hope all your holidays were as wonderful as ours.

lots of books on film making for me.. lots of reading and learning to do :)

cinematic storytelling (already finished this one.. it was good but also a little too metaphorical too me. I didn't get much out of "the witness" having a bird house in the background but i guess some people are into that sort of stuff. but why stress when 98% of viewers will never even notice)

acting for the camera

color correction handbook

cinematography theory and practice

directing by michael rabiger

Last edited:
Back