• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

What script should I insist on...?

I have 2 screenplays I want to work on, so it might one day be sent to one of the services providing query services or access to various producers, agents, etc.(I recently found about a few of them, while browsing the internet) My greatest dream is to bring all of my... 12:)... screenplays to a good enough level but for the moment, I can only focus on one at the time... I would like to work on one of the following two:
1)An action screenplay set in a present day big city. It involves gunfights, Mafia families, crooked cops and diamonds..
2)A supernatural/horror type of story with some action elements in it(fights) that features ghosts, demons and witchcraft.
Which one do you think I should focus on at this time? Which of these subjects do you find more interesting? Which one would make people want to know more and request to read it?:) Thank you for taking the time to read this!

The mafia action, if you ask me.

But. Will they not read the loglines and then possibly be interested? If so, you maybe should ask about your loglines here.

Since you want to sell it, I would focus on the one you are most passionate about...

Saying that a well written low budget (?) horror would likely have a slightly better chance of selling that an action (expensive) screenplay.

Back