What do you like end credits to look like?

Standard credits with simple information of who worked on the project only? B-roll behind the scenes footage? Bloopers? A scene filmed specifically for that? Stock b-roll footage from a source other than the creator of the film --it can be of anything they thought would be "interesting" to the viewer like some looped image and not necessarily in relation to the content of the film? Anything not mentioned?

Have you ever created ending credits? How did you make them look? Did you add any of the previously mentioned --outside of information only? None of it? Anything different than what was mentioned? If you made ending credits with the previous or anything other than it, why? If not, why not? Know anyone who has made end credits? How did they make theirs look? Anything like the previously mentioned --outside of information only? Anything different? None of it? If they made them look a certain way outside of information only, why did they? If not, why not?

My current project, I put swamp footage behind the credits. Some we may have used in the film but most was jsut extra footage of driving through the swamp. Other than that I typically just have white text on black background.

I always found the end titles to be the last taste of your film that you give to the audience. Therefore, it's an entirely subjective/creative choice.

Most films today, usually just only show the cast and crew. Some like to be more fancy with it than others, devising abstract backgrounds and animations; all cause it fits the tone and energy of the film before it. Others, like films by Christopher Nolan, only use white text that fades in/out on a black background, because again, it fits the movie shown before it.

Then you have films who do put in that b-roll footage, the bloopers, in addition to the cast and crew, all cause it fits the tone and feel of the movie.

It seems like you're worrying too much about the specifics of the end titles, and trying to "fit in" with what other films do. Don't worry bout' what they do :). Just create credits that leave the taste you want the audience to leave with.

My advice, experiment. Try different methods. Put an audio track down that you think would be fitting for your film, then try all your methods that you noted above. Find what works, what doesn't, and so on.

There's not a right or wrong solution, just have fun with the process :)

Back