The Upfront.

I browse the LA Times for information on show biz, and, today, I came across this article on the Upfront. This is a market held annually in New York City where the networks can sell their programming to ad executives, and I presume

But, as I've been saying, since there are now so many outlets, each outlet, including TV and cable, is facing a shrinking audience.

Each year, prime-time audiences shrink, and the younger viewers coveted by advertisers become more difficult to attract. Cable programs such as AMC's "The Walking Dead" and HBO's "Game of Thrones" grab attention, accolades and audiences. The broadcast business also is challenged by new technologies and services — including Netflix and Aereo — which threaten to nibble away at television's financial underpinnings.

"In a world of infinite choice, the need for breakthrough programming has never been greater," 21st Century Fox Chief Operating Officer Chase Carey told analysts this week.

And this problem will only increase. That said, the world economy is still growing, and that means the global market is growing. And that means there will be opportunities.

Does anyone know anything about the Upfront?

Back