• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

The producer wants the movie in M2TS format.

I am helping editing a feature film I acted in and the producer asked met to re-edit a few scenes since he needed help and I had some ideas.

He wants the footage to be exported to M2TS format he said, but what I have Premiere Pro, which does not have M2TS that I can find. He says it has it, since all the professional editing software uses it, but I cannot find it, in my export options.

Is it on there, or do I have to get a plug in?

Thanks.

AFAIK MTS is just a container that uses h.264 and some slightly odd audio codec.

I don't see a reason why you'd want to output using that anyway without specifying the codec.

I also don't see it as an option for output.

Where do you find these top notch producers?

Edit: Well I guess a closed mouth gathers no feet. I should keep quiet more often.

Last edited:
.m2ts is an mpeg-2 container. It's commonly used for dvds and Blu Rays. You'd need to export your master, and then use Compressor, Squeeze or whatever program to convert.

For informational purposes, Sony Vegas 12 has an option to render as .m2ts - Render settings start with these...

hsnkpf.jpg

and go all the way up to these...

fjner6.jpg

Okay thanks. I found this producer on Craigslist way back originally, and we made contact again when he wanted to do a feature.

Well I can explain to him that M2TS is the same as MPEG-2 or H.264, and maybe he will be happy with that. But which is it? He also shot his footage on the camera in RAW, so I would assume he would want to get it back in RAW, but maybe not.

Okay thanks. I found this producer on Craigslist way back originally, and we made contact again when he wanted to do a feature.

Well I can explain to him that M2TS is the same as MPEG-2 or H.264, and maybe he will be happy with that. But which is it? He also shot his footage on the camera in RAW, so I would assume he would want to get it back in RAW, but maybe not.

why not just do as your asked.

Back