• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Technicolor Cinestyle vs User Def presets?

Can anyone tell me the difference from the Technicolor Cinestyle preset vs if I make one myself that is identical? Is there anything revolutionary to Technicolor's preset?
If anyone can elaborate a bit, I would love it!

Thanks,

Ian

I swear, the Gods of Technology hate me. I'm trying to, but can't install Cinestyle. I followed this tutorial.

I can't get past the step at :49 -- my EOS utility won't allow me to click on "Register User Defined Style". In my EOS utility, it's grey, can't highlight or click on it.

I've double-checked, and my EOS utility is up-to-date. Can't figure out why it won't let me register a user defined style. I give up.

I've changed my settings to 0.-4.-2.0. That simple change may not be as good as the full-on Cinestyle, but it should at least be better than the standard setting that I've been working with, no?

In lieu of figuring out how to install Cinestyle, are there any other recommendations for changing camera settings, in addition to what I've already done?

Ahh! HAHAHAHAAA!!!

Sorry, I lied -- I didn't give up. I kept on doing some random googling, and I found a video (on a different subject) that made me think that in order for the EOS utility to fully function, my camera needs to be in Manual Photo mode, not Video mode.

Problem solved. False alarm. :)

Back