Spiderman is joining the Avengers!

It's official! Sony and Marvel have come to an agreement to get Spiderman in to the MCU! Apparently he'll first appear in Civil War (Captain America vs. Iron Man vs. Spiderman!), before getting his own movie in 2017.

LINK

I'm pretty excited for this. Hopefully with Kevin Feige behind the character, they'll finally get it right.

That's a good point. Whether they'll try to squeeze the Spiderman origin story into Civil War... I don't know. It doesn't sound to me though that this Spiderman will follow on from Andrew Garfield's 'Amazing Spiderman'.

That's a good point. Whether they'll try to squeeze the Spiderman origin story into Civil War... I don't know. It doesn't sound to me though that this Spiderman will follow on from Andrew Garfield's 'Amazing Spiderman'.

Considering that Sony's Spiderverse is still going to go on as planned we can assume the Spiderman who can bridge the two universes will also be the same one as previously, regardless the need for a recasting.

You can also read about the intentions of Sony with regards to the Spiderman Marvel agreement as well information about Andrew Garfield not returning in the leaked Sony emails from the Korean hack.

I don't mind recasting him... just make him the same one that fought Lizard and Electro and don't allow the progress they've made toward the Venom movie and the Sinister Six to go to waste.

I don't mind recasting him... just make him the same one that fought Lizard and Electro and don't allow the progress they've made toward the Venom movie and the Sinister Six to go to waste.

I'm actually looking forward to Venom: Carnage more than any of MCU's films lol...

I don’t believe they are continuing with any of the “Amazing Spiderman” movies. Most sources seem to state the future of the series is “unclear”. They had their grand plans for “Amazing Spiderman 3”, “Amazing Spiderman 4”, “Sinister Six” and “Venom Carnage”, but, after “Amazing Spiderman 2” underperformed at the box office and was critically panned across the board (it holds a lower rating on Rotten Tomatoes than “Spiderman 3”!!!), they seemed to re-evaluate everything. The last I remember reading (not sure where), they’d cancelled “Venom Carnage” and pushed “Amazing Spiderman 3” back to 2018. By 2018, we’ll have seen the character in “Civil War” and his own MCU movie in 2017.

I’d prefer them to reboot. With Kevin Fiege behind it, I’m sure they can finally make a decent Spiderman movie. The Sinister Six movie was a stupid idea in my mind anyway. “Venom Carnage” would’ve been cool, but only if handled right. I wouldn’t have trusted Sony with that.

Back