• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

campaign Save our lives (our film)

Hello everyone of this forum.

Before I start; a disclaimer. I know that short films are not popular or viable to finance, and I most places won't even allow short film promotion because of that. Wonderful, now that we have that out of the way, I would like to pitch you a short film that is looking for post production funding.

I'm producing a short film called "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life" - a short film about a young man who is suicidal. When he climbs a roof to jump off, he has a surprise meeting with his neighbour, who is also there to commit suicide. The two men share a conversation that we hope will be the lifeline that both of them need. It's a dark comedy, and looks to spread the message that there is always someone. you can turn to, even in the darkest of hours, and even someone that you might not expect.

The film has been filmed, by an extremely talented group of people working within a small budget, and the dailies look incredible. I do not have a sizzle from shooting yet, as we wrapped yesterday, but I do have some stills that I have posted below. We are looking for a minimum of $4000 dollars, and ideally $6000 to complete this film and complete its distribution. We're offering full Exec. Producer rights to anyone that can donate at least half of the money, and there are other, less extortionate incentives on our Seed&Spark.

The people involved in this film (myself included) are young, up and coming, and love working. We have created a film that has heart, soul, and a real message that needs more coverage and exposure. We have all the footage; we just need help across the line. If you are in any way interested in this project, or need to be convinced even more that this will be an investment that will make you proud, then talk to me - I'll sit and chat and show you what we have, and show you how special this project could be with some solid post-production funding.

Thank you so much for reading this - I know it's a long one. Have a wonderful time of day wherever you are when you read this.

Love,
Henry

Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 20.13.07.png
Screenshot 2023-10-19 at 15.52.37-min.png
Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 20.12.08.png
Screenshot 2023-10-23 at 20.16.10.png

It sounds like a cool and interesting project. The framegrabs look good as well. As you said, fundraising for shorts is difficult, but I hope you make your goals. Looking forward to seeing the finished film!
Thank you! I'm happy you liked the shots I put up - our DP for this project is so talented and the final film is going to look so beautiful. Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Back