• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Post Production white balance

Hello guys.

Yesterday i shoot a procesion. I completely forgot white balance and the first 5 or 6 shots are blue, the rest is fine cause i did the white balance.

I guess it's difficult to make those blue images similar to the good ones with post production white balance?

Thanks.

Mac format drive?
There's options available to read/write mac drives under windows. MacDrive being one of the better options, but there's a free 6-day trial version of the HFS+ driver from paragon: http://www.paragon-drivers.com/hfs-windows/

If you post screenshots of the 'good' footage and 'blue' footage I'd be willing to take a peek and see how close they can be matched. Even if you can't get them perfect, they can probably be brought close enough in line to be usable.

Will Vincent thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, i've already tried it and didn't work. In disk management the drive is online but it doesn't show up in my computer. In the box it says that needs to be reformatted for windows use, i gues it's the only way to use in windows.

Will Vincent thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, i've already tried it and didn't work. In disk management the drive is online but it doesn't show up in my computer. In the box it says that needs to be reformatted for windows use, i gues it's the only way to use in windows.

No, if it's a formatted for use on a macintosh, you need the appropriate software (which I linked previously) to read a drive in that format (HFS).

If that's not the case, then your footage probably isn't on it in the first place, unless it was formatted for linux (ext2/ext3/ext4/xfs/etc) format, which is a lot less likely.

Ideally an external drive should probably be formatted as exFat, if it's going to be used between mac, windows, Linux, since that format is available for all three and doesn't have the file size limitations that FAT32 has.

Back