movies Outlaw Johnny Black

Time to take a break, cook up a pizza, and watch a movie.

Outlaw Johnny Black starring Michael Jai White.
download.jpg

I haven't seen it yet, but I read that it's a satire on blackspoitation films from the 70's, just like Black Dynamite, also starring Michael Jai White. I'm a big fan of Michael's. Along with being an entertaining actor, he is also an incredible martial artist. I don't mean a Hollywood martial artist. I mean, he's the real deal.

Oh no! What happened? Michael, what were you thinking?

So disappointing. Would I be going too far to say it was terrible? Outlaw Johnny Black was suppose to be a satire on blacksploitation films of the 70's but it had none on the kitsch that its predecessor, Black Dynamite, had. It wasn't funny. Didn't really make fun of anything from that era, and worst of all, Michael Jai White only has one fight scene where we get to see some of his martial arts moves. The rest of the movie, he was just some guy moving through the scenes, doing nothing particularly interesting. Most of the cast from Black Dynamite is in this film, but none of them were anywhere nearly as memorable.

On a scale of 1 to 10 - 10 being the best, I give this film a 4. Don't waste your time or money.

Last edited:
Back