No one from New York?

Is there really NO ONE on here currently based in New York?

I thought if I go to NY I could easily find people to make a little movie together and... nothing :(

My American Dream breaks apart :grumpy::grumpy:

I feel like shy of Chicago or Los Angeles, you're in one of the top three or four creative cities in our country. Focus less on the fraction of filmmakers on this website, and more on the thousands of them already in the city. Craigslist, local classifieds, etc. I'm sure you can find plenty of filmmakers if you reached out more in the area you're in.

Did you post an ad yourself or have you tried contacting some of those listings? What specifically are you looking to do?

I tried to post ad myself... I want to collaborate with people to make a little film... mainly with me in frot of camera as it would give plus for my acting resume and show reel with NY in it :cool:

But I also want to do some behind camera work

Do you have your camera?
Maybe you could film something of yourself in new york and then incorporate that into an international film that you finish back in london

Do you have your camera?
Maybe you could film something of yourself in new york and then incorporate that into an international film that you finish back in london

Not a bad idea at all. I did this in Mexico - We were filming a show where my character actually went to Mexico for vacation, and then his staff went into chaos. I brought a camera and filmed my dialogue from the web conference with the character on the beach. Ended up really making the show believable.

Do you have your camera?

I have that idea in my head but then again, I can't film it and be in front of camera by myself in let's Manhattan. I have an idea but it requires at least 1 person behind camera (yes I do own camera and zoo h4n which is "fine") and I also would like to have another actors as well...:rolleyes:

I am looking for a business partner to make science fiction films and series.

Tell me more about the movie you want to make. I have equipment. How far are you with the development of your film? Is your script ready? What can you bring to the table to make a movie?

Back