• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

New Screenwriting software Recommended?

Hey, I am new here. I have been a screenwriter for about 9-10 years of my life and I just had a chance to look at this new screenwriting tool was wondering if any of you have actually had a chance to look at it? It is an ai software and I think this in the future is going to be the go to writing tool. Here is the jollybird.ai link for it If you guys can check it and tell me what are your thoughts on it. That would be great because right now I am in a sort of a crisis. And in a HUGE writer's block for about 6-7 months now so I started looking at these tools, now that I've found a tool. I've started feeling really guilty about using Ai. Please tell me If I'm doing the right thing using it or not? It would really be great. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hey, I am new here. I have been a screenwriter for about 9-10 years of my life and I just had a chance to look at this new screenwriting tool was wondering if any of you have actually had a chance to look at it? It is an ai software and I think this in the future is going to be the go to writing tool. Here is the jollybird.ai link for it If you guys can check it and tell me what are your thoughts on it. That would be great because right now I am in a sort of a crisis. And in a HUGE writer's block for about 6-7 months now so I started looking at these tools, now that I've found a tool. I've started feeling really guilty about using Ai. Please tell me If I'm doing the right thing using it or not? It would really be great. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I tried it out, but I was thinking about what you said, and I started feeling guilty too.
Guilty is the worst feeling in the world, fuck that tears me up! I logged out and closed the tab.

I don't recommend anyone else click the link. Save yourselves the anguish and write without AI.

Slightly out of topic, but what I found out (I'm not an expert, keep this in mind) is that writer's block is about everything BUT the writing itself. For me, it's usually related to some issues I have, personal most of the times. Best thing to do is to focus on something else -- and I mean something unrelated to screenwriting (I play video games.) Another thing that helps me is go out for a walk and talk to myself out loud about the story. Not about fixing problems, just about the story in general and whatever comes to mind. Out loud is the important part. I try to imagine what I'd say if I had to explain the mind map of the story to a friend -- I start from the theme, then characters, and I talk about everything. That helps me a lot.

Now, about the AI thing, I tested ChatGPT, Claude (version 2), and a bunch of other AI sites, but I don't like the results. They're all too similar. A friend of mine, a screenwriter, usually asks ChatGPT to generate ideas and then she marks them as "clichés" and thinks of something else. :)

I find that when I'm stuck on how to resolve an issue in a screenplay, the best approach is NOT to think about it. Relax, take a walk, and try not to think about anything at all. OOOOhhhhh the cherry blossoms are blooming! (spring in the northeastern US) and the forsythia are so pretty! That kind of thing. I let things drift through my mind and eventually (usually a day or two) an idea passes through and I grab it.

Back