• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

website New Platform for Theatrical Distribution - Kickstarter for Showtimes

Now I'm wondering if I would buy a season pass to go see a new episode of a TV show in a theater. That would have been kind of awesome to go to a theater downtown and watch the last season of Breaking Bad once a week with a group of friends. Tie it in with groupon, sell themed passes at discounts. Kind of a lot of possible options as a new market opens up. Why not show TV shows in theaters? The only thing that matters is whether or not people can have fun or not. I would have had a blast watching "The Boys" in a crowded theater, getting that social experience of hearing the crowd gasp and laugh at different parts.

The budgets of TV shows have gotten really high, and in terms of on screen quality, I no longer see a reason why it couldn't become a thing. We're not talking about episodes of "Dallas" anymore. I think "The Mandalorian" would have probably done well if shown in 2 episode blocks at local theaters.

Here's a 30 dollar film I made a couple weeks ago in one night. Bad example, since it's just a reel, and quality is too low, but a couple years from now, 10 million people will have the ability to mill solid 4k footage at .0001% of it's former cost, and you can see one of the steps toward that here.

Not trying to derail Viveca's very interesting thread, but holy smokes! Amazing work, Nate!

Back