music video treatment

Does anyone know how to write a good music video treatment? I know what to write but I don't know how to do it?
I know treatment is to describe the video/your vision but how do you do that? how long should it be and what should it include?

any successful samples? :)

Anyone? :) :huh:

Is a treatment really necessary for something that will be 4 minutes long? Kinda seems overkill to me.

LOL... of course it is! Where did you come out from?! :huh: - Welcome to the world of film/video production! LOL

It's like saying... Is camera really necessary to film?

LOL... of course it is! Where did you come out from?! :huh: - Welcome to the world of film/video production! LOL

I came out from the depths of hell, and I can do without the snark. Amazingly, it's actually possible to offer dissenting opinions without trading barbs.

I'm not sure we're working with the same definition of "treatment". So far as I understand it, the main purpose of a treatment is more to convey the feel of the finished product, in a way that isn't possible with just a script, or a shot list, etc. For longer projects, particularly when the number of cast and crew are greater in number, I can see tremendous value for a treatment.

But for a four minute project -- eh, I think a face-to-face conversation is a heck of a lot more effective. No need to waste time putting it on paper (other than any notes your collaborators want to take down, during their face-to-face talk with you). Only thing you really need to put on paper is a shot list (and maybe some storyboarding, depending on your intentions).

Are you pitching it to the band? The producer? Are you already signed on to do the project? Is it for a friend? Are you trying to do a video for a band? Did they ask you to do a project?

What's with the attitude? You sound a bit arrogant. You gave little information about where you are with the project and who you are pitching it to.

Are you pitching it to the band? The producer? Are you already signed on to do the project? Is it for a friend? Are you trying to do a video for a band? Did they ask you to do a project?

What's with the attitude? You sound a bit arrogant. You gave little information about where you are with the project and who you are pitching it to.

lol... I don't sound like anything... I'm typing words that don't have sounds :P

I just joined a website for music video directors, the bands or labels post something like "casting calls" or should I say "treatment calls" and the best idea/treatment will win and get the video done.

There is no chance of "pitching" cuz it is online and you have to send treatments... :cool:

lol... I don't sound like anything... I'm typing words that don't have sounds :P

I just joined a website for music video directors, the bands or labels post something like "casting calls" or should I say "treatment calls" and the best idea/treatment will win and get the video done.

There is no chance of "pitching" cuz it is online and you have to send treatments... :cool:
Seeing you are being smart about it..
"5. A mental impression; an implication: didn't like the sound of the invitation."
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=sound (number 5)

And that makes a big difference, it's useful to clarify that. As for actual advice, I don't have the level of experience a number of other folk here do, and they can give much better answers.

No. That's also a terrible television show.

But you responded to someone saying you were being arrogant (someone else mentioned snarky) with an arrogant, snarky response that tried to play the "technically you're wrong" card. So I pointed out your fallacy by using your argument against you.

lol... never mind... I pass.

Arrogant... lol... People are so smart thinking they know people from a post on a forum lol... Eh... Guess that's the 21st century... <- does that "SOUND" arrogant as well? lol... google that for me as well...

Regards
Yours Arrogant.

Back