Movies - Opinions on second viewings

I think it would be a great discussion piece to watch a movie you didn't like the first time, that you've only seen once and give it another viewing to see if it changes your perception then report your findings.

If your view has changed on a second viewing it would be interesting to find out what aspects of it changed your mind.

If your view hasn't changed on a second viewing it would still be interesting to find out what it is about that film that doesn't appeal to you.

Over the next week I will find a movie to watch that I didn't like on the first viewing and give it another chance then report my findings.

Please make sure that when you do post your findings in this thread that it isn't just a one sentence "movie still sucks" or "I like the movie now".

You never know, you may see something in a poster's report that helps you with your own films :)

Superman Returns.

1st time hated it.

Second time I realized it for what it was... Closure on the Reeves portrayal.

Brandon Routh did an amazing job as Christopher Reeves as Superman.

A bit of a side-question, but why would you take the time to sit down and watch something you didn't like the first time? :huh:

A bit of a side-question, but why would you take the time to sit down and watch something you didn't like the first time? :huh:

Perhaps friends are watching it, or the film has acclaim and you want to see what the hype is about, or maybe you want to watch the film over to see why you didn't like it. Or maybe the film grows on you, and you want to watch it again with your new view on the film :)

Back