• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Mold on cameras

Just currious on anywhere else I should worry about Mold on my Camera besides the lens. My Canon Vixa Hf g10 has a touch screen side panel where I ca review my videos and stuff and I am wondering since my fingers touch it a lot, that mold can grow there as well. I cleaned it for the first time today (had it since january) I noticed some white ish specs on it and i am hoping it is not mold for the life of me because I just started production. But then again it hasn't been in a humid type spot ever, dark Id say yes, but not humid. But finger prints contain moisture though. idk any help here? Couldn't find anything on the web about touch screens especially mine getting mold on them.

Just currious on anywhere else I should worry about Mold on my Camera besides the lens. My Canon Vixa Hf g10 has a touch screen side panel where I ca review my videos and stuff and I am wondering since my fingers touch it a lot, that mold can grow there as well. I cleaned it for the first time today (had it since january) I noticed some white ish specs on it and i am hoping it is not mold for the life of me because I just started production. But then again it hasn't been in a humid type spot ever, dark Id say yes, but not humid. But finger prints contain moisture though. idk any help here? Couldn't find anything on the web about touch screens especially mine getting mold on them.

Mold typically requires an absence of moving air to effectively grow, and it needs to be dark. Do you notice much mold or fungus growing on peoples touch phones? And I bet they get touched a lot more than your camera.

Just clean it from time to time and it you'll be fine.

Mold tends to attack lenses as some of the adhesives and coatings are pretty good food for them, and there's no air movement inside the lens, and it's normally dark (lens cap). Anywhere else, it's not typically a problem.

CraigL

Back