• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Moire after exporting - Display issue on LCD

Hi,

I am mainly shooting with canon 5d and notice an issue of moire when playing my final MP4 file on HD LCD.

I have 2 question here and I am using adobe premiere pro CS6 for editing my footage.

1. Is it possible that Moire is not in RAW but can come later if exported to MP4 ?

2. Moire is not visible on Windows PC where the video is edited, but visible on HD LCD , what is the reason and any FIX for this please

Thanks in advance

Regards
Deepak

Moire would be visible on the raw footage. It's a problem that results from line-skipping, and it's there from the start. If you don't see it until after exporting, you've got an entirely different problem on your hands.

If we could see both the raw footage and the exported footage with the problems, I have a feeling some people on this forum would be able to make a good guess as to what is causing the problem. But without being able to see what exactly is happening, we're kinda just stabbing in the dark.

If you're describing what I think it is:

Is it only happening on one playback device?

Perhaps the playback device (I guess a low cost/older device) in question cannot play your codec at the bitrate you've supplied. Try on another device and see if the issue continues. Try at a lower bitrate and/or with a different codec and see if the issue continues.

Hate to break it to you, but Canon DSLRs are NOTORIOUSLY bad at producing moire - the only exception is the newer 5D MKIII, but it can still produce it under the right circumstances.

The moire isn't from exporting, it's been there from the beginning, chances are the export settings you used just made it pop up a bit more - if you added any sharpening at all in post, that'll also be a problem!

yodaman... you are very near..yes its getting accelerated and someone advised me to export it in prores 422 ....my issue is the final output is always going to be run on LCD therefore I find no use to export the same in higher codec....MP4 is might accelerating it !!!! being lower codec ?

Using a lower bitrate in the delivery codec could certainly exacerbate a moire issue, since the compressed blocks of pixels would likely be larger, thus producing increased aliasing.

I also want to ask the same thing .... but can someone give a more detailed answer .... I was a little less understood ....
buy.gif

Back