Is it just me, or are most reality shows more inauthentic than people know?

From a technical standpoint that's more detailed, versus the average opinion of them being "scripted" when in actuality on camera subjects are not reading any scripts/the production itself is not conducting itself off of a script --there may however be planning, story arcing, segment producers, story editors, and editors with creative direction on how to make the final product look.

The following is a clip from the reality TV show "Bad Girls Club":

Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pdprXCIVBg

It shows a scene/segment/part of the show that involved an argument and parts of the story around it, but how authentic/far from what "actually" happened is what's being scene?

Personally --I think-- I can see a few things done to make the clip look the way it does --as far as production value goes. When the "life coach"/counselor enters the home it doesn't look organic. The smiles and reactions to her arriving look snatched from other moments outside her arrival, the display of the "X" on a cast members face looks like a separate inserted shot, the interviews and audio from them seem to dominate and narrate the segment/scene/part of the program in it's entirely, and much of the footage shown during the argument --more reaction shots of arguing parties other cast members, and B-roll of the individuals arguing-- is random --out of sync with the timeline of the actual argument-- footage that looks "engaging" or theatrical/dramatic.

That mixed with a musical score/music that's dramatic and editing that skips through the argument/scene/part of the show to where interactions between the subjects involved are more intense, are what I believe to see happening. What do you see? What was done to make the clip look the way it does? What did they do? What am I right about? Wrong about?

Back