Hurt Locker Producers Will Sue 24,500 People for Torrent Downloads

I've made back thousands of dollars from suing individual users though, so I don't have the slightest regret punishing people who steal.

Sonny, I vaguely remember asking you this question but I don't remember the answer, but how on earth did you figure out who to sue? That is something a lot people spending money on productions would probably like to know.

I personally don't know how to come to grips with piracy. I think it's terrible when artists don't get paid for their work. I also feel that people should not be deprived of a book or a movie or a piece of music because they can't afford it. The only solution I can think of is the Dutch Healthcare model. Cap profits. All profits beyond a certain amount has to be reinvested. Abnormal profits are not allowed in healthcare.

So cap profits in art. We don't do what we do because of the money. We do it for the love. The money is good. But we don't need a billion dollars for making movies. So cap the profits. Movie becomes public property after a certain amount of money is made. Of course people will say, "we need abnormal profits to counter all the loss making movies." I'll say I then don't know the answer.

This debate is already becoming too deep for me.
Good luck solving it

Sonny, I vaguely remember asking you this question but I don't remember the answer, but how on earth did you figure out who to sue? That is something a lot people spending money on productions would probably like to know.

A law firm does it all for me. I just get royalty checks from when those people settle out of court or after they are taken to court. It's all done through my distribution company, so I don't even have the law firm's name anymore.

Good luck solving it

I don't think it's an easy solution. My hypothesis is that eventually the internet will be primarily regulated at some point. No, it won't ever be 100%, but the more it takes over, the more it will get overseen eventually. I'm neither for or against this idea, just something I think is an eventuality.

I would like to clarify that I have not taken part in the downloading of pirated films or media, my argument was for 60% of my friends who do.

TV I stream and songs downloading was of the past, when I was a minor and didn't know what I was doing ;)

I would like to clarify that I have not taken part in the downloading of pirated films or media, my argument was for 60% of my friends who do.

TV I stream and songs downloading was of the past, when I was a minor and didn't know what I was doing ;)

Totally cool. I downloaded in the past, right up until several countries refused to by my first feature film because it was already available on torrent sites and lost value. When the tables got turned and I personally lost money, changed my entire view of "Who does it hurt? Big Hollywood Studios? So what?"

Back