Hobbit Trailer

Not knocking the 48fps or the 3D. I wanna see it that way too. Dunno if I'll like the frame rate. But I'm with the rest of you, I wanna see it just to see it...see how it is, see if it works! But, this is pretty fun, even if they're just trying to stir up some drama, so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvB5AYNxDzY

She makes an interesting point regarding Avatar. It was success and yet there was a little bit of initial mixed reaction with the 3D. Maybe that's all it is?

I saw the film yesterday (Monday).

Loved the 3D - hated the 48fps - too long. At the end I thought, "There's another FIVE friggin hours of this?"

I saw the film yesterday (Monday).

Loved the 3D - hated the 48fps - too long. At the end I thought, "There's another FIVE friggin hours of this?"

So should we watch it in 48fps to experience it for ourselves? Do you think you could warm to it or is it a definite no go?

Totally disagree with directorik, I thought that the 48fps was the saving grace of the 3D. Normally I don't like 3D because of the ghosting and the difficulty I have on focusing things, but with 48fps it was crisp and beautiful and, after about 20 minutes, I stopped really noticing the frame rate- and for a filmmaker to say that, that's something.

It is too long by about 30-40 minutes, but I still had a great time.

So can you set me straight about The Hobbit Blu-ray? It's not offered in the 48 fps version? Or is there some reason we can't watch 48 fps on our regular TVs or with our regular players for some reason, or something? If that's not the case and we can, are they planning on releasing the 48 fps version, anyone know? Is it only with the 3D version? What gives?

Doing some digging, it appears that the 48fps version is not available for the home game. The reason appears to be that it is not supported by the Blu-ray standard spec. So I guess (if it catches on) on whatever format comes next, it's a possibility. Most TVs these days could support it (video games often run at higher framerates), the issue is with the players. Not that they'll be shy about repackaging the films (extended version comes out this fall!)

Thanks, Josh! Yes, that's another thing I wanted to know. I'm reluctant to buy it now knowing that I want the extended version. Now I think I'll wait till fall. And I did want the 48 fps version, but sounds like that's going to be next generations hardware. =(

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug U.S. Official Trailer #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsKRzJkDiyg

I felt tired as soon as I saw the long runtime of the trailer. Not sure I can handle another long-ass episode that doesn't conclude the story.

Very nice! I'm unbelievably excited! Other than the obvious stuff, nice to see Lee Pace getting trailer-narration duties! Wasn't expecting that much dragon in the trailer, but that supports my theory as to where the next movie break will be (post-Smaug, pre-5 armies). If I'm right, there will be at least a little more resolution (though not actual conclusion).

But for my tastes, none of it is long enough!

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Official >>Main<< Trailer

Love the nit-picking parsing of details between "Official Trailer #1" and "Official Main Trailer." :rolleyes::lol:
Whatevs.
Enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbOEknbi4gQ

Back