• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Good concept or no?

Wsup everybody, ive recently came up with a film concept for a (hopefully) feature length film. The film is named 'Collections' and is about a debt collector who finds himself being stalked/harrassed and possibly killed by the deranged debtor whose life is already in a downward spiral. Any questions on specifics just ask and ill gladly answer. Thanks in advance. (P.S. i want it to be a horror but not sure if that or suspense will be a better fit)

Last edited:
lol, i actually want to write this screenplay being that it would be my first screenplay that i planned seeking funds for(kickstarter). but were you interested in writing it? if so maybe we can work something out. Thanks for the support.

I picture it as a psychological thriller about a person whose life is crashing in around them and they fixate on the latest in a long line of debt collectors to hit them up for the money that they so obviously do not have. It could be a Fatal Attraction sort of vibe.

Good concept

Yes - I think the concept is sound. It actually gives you a lot of options in terms of story (and backstory).

For example, as the story unravels perhaps you could show that it is the Debt Collector who has gradually, over the years, destroyed the life of the debtor and now this is "payback" (ha!) time. Maybe the debtor has been forced to give up one treasured possession after another until he (she?) has lost everything. (That's another option - to mix genders).

A slow-reveal that turns the story on its head from one baddie to the other will keep the story out of the typical revenge-mill and probably help in the writing...

Other options could be that it is the Debt Agency from Hell (literally) after the Debtor made some (forgotten?) pact with the Devil...

If you want to keep the Debt Collector as the nice guy, perhaps the Debtor was a bully to the nice-guy in their school days and wants to keep the upper hand.

Try having a look at CAPE FEAR (either version) for an example of a revenge story with menace... It might help inspire.

All the best with it.

Back