Format question

Hi folks .

I am currently editing my film and I am using After Effects CS5.5 for color grading and VFX and Adobe Premiere for editing.

I am UNABLE to use dynamic link between both.

Now , if I edit the movie in adobe premiere , then I export the clips to after effects for color grading then I export them back to premiere for the edit and then I export them yet again for the final version.

Now it seems to be that I will lose a crap load of quality so what is the way of doing it?

Usually I just firstly color grade my shots then export them into premiere and edit the movie together but this is all for 4-5 minute pieces , now I'm working on a film that is about 15 minutes.

What is the way to go?

To minimize quality loss in that instance, I would probably export to some uncompressed, or very lightly compressed still image sequence instead of a video file format.

TIFF is probably a good choice

First, even without Dynamic link you should be able to cut clips from Premiere and paste into after effects.

But you can export uncompressed or very light compression from both programs. A 90-100% JOG sequence, uncompressed QuickTime or even ProRes 444 or 422 HQ will probably do you fine. Is it for internet distribution? You can probably get away with a little more compression even.

Back