Floating a meet-up idea : central France, mid July

Round table looking for discussions; also available in square, picnic, excel ... :D

This is, for now, an informal networking suggestion. If it attracts positive attention, I'll make it into a more concrete proposal.

As some of you know, I have a management role in a music and dance festival every summer. After a decade of tweaking, my particular area of responsibility is running like a well-oiled machine now, giving me time to experiment with new ideas. This particular festival is more than music: it's a melting pot of stories, characters, ideas and randomness - and the literal birthplace of several creative collaborations over the years.

One thing the festival can't do, though, is generate decent video footage of itself (mostly due to too much design-by-committee, à la française ... :rolleyes: ) which got me thinking that maybe having a bunch of film-makers soak up the ambiance together over a few days might inspire some creative results. Inside a walled and wooded estate, I have half a chateau at my disposal, a team of mostly extrovert exhibitionists working with me, and (probably) enough persuasive diplomacy to get a few rounds of drinks for willing participants. :beer:

And that's about as far as I've got with the concept - plenty of scope for it to be moulded into whatever shape any would-be participants desire.

The festival gates are open from 11-14th July; I'll be onsite 9-15th July; if need be, I can host a few people at my place before and after these dates.

Location is about as close to the geographic centre of France as you can get, about 30km south east of the town of Châteauroux which happens to be hosting part of the "Paris" olympics a fortnight later, if you're into that kind of thing (although we're a good 200km away from Paris). All other relevant info here: lesoncontinu.fr

I've tagged a bunch of our more recently signed-up members from neighbouring countries, who might be in a better position to make a last minute decision to travel, but those of you on the far side of the Atlantic/World are welcome too! :cool:

@nekrotherium ; @Ramon Wild ; @Ofelia_b ; @LindaRiv12pt ; @Alaine_B ; @lynnmarsh ; @bohemiafilmawards ; @noir_qwst ; @Musamax ; @Karl_Francis ; @L_C ; @aichatheshortfilm ; @Filmmaker Filip Hartwich ; @Indescene ; @Animemundi ; @Sasan ; @SomanAhmed ; @radishrida

Back