End Credit Test

I'm almost done with my feature, and was playing around with the look and feel of the end credit sequence. Below is a one minute video with three very similar styles. Please let me know which one you guys prefer, or if none at all. I'm trying to make it pretty. I just don't want it to end up looking tacky.
thanks in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a1CJVmjc4E

or go directly for larger viewing here: https://youtu.be/3a1CJVmjc4E

Last edited:
I don't like the drop shadow but since it's in all 3 .. hmm i will say #3 but it's not a clear winner, they're all pretty close.

I don't like the drop shadow but since it's in all 3 .. hmm i will say #3 but it's not a clear winner, they're all pretty close.

so far everybody's mentioned the drop shadow, so you're on to something. I'm going to make it a lot less pronounced.

What is this credit sequence intended for? Is it for a film you're currently working on, or just a general sequence that you want a critique on for general aesthetic purposes?

That would help in determining the look that might best suit the story or visuals that precede these credits.

What is this credit sequence intended for? Is it for a film you're currently working on, or just a general sequence that you want a critique on for general aesthetic purposes?

That would help in determining the look that might best suit the story or visuals that precede these credits.

Looking for general aesthetic advice really, as you haven't seen the movie or read the script. And it's not necessary to go too deep into it at this point. I just want a general look and feel opinion.

thx.

Looking for general aesthetic advice really, as you haven't seen the movie or read the script. And it's not necessary to go too deep into it at this point. I just want a general look and feel opinion.

thx.

I see.
Well again, it's a little hard to make a call without some context, but despite the small changes, I would have to go with the first style, as the lens flare across the center on #2 is a little painful on the eyes, at least in my case. Too much bright color of varying hues or imitation light sources can be straining on the eyes.

I also think you should shift the drop shadow on the text a bit so that it is closer in distance to the letters and aim it straight down rather than towards the left side. You could also add a light paper-styled texture on your backdrop to give it some flavor.

I hope that's of some help.

I see.
Well again, it's a little hard to make a call without some context, but despite the small changes, I would have to go with the first style, as the lens flare across the center on #2 is a little painful on the eyes, at least in my case. Too much bright color of varying hues or imitation light sources can be straining on the eyes.

I also think you should shift the drop shadow on the text a bit so that it is closer in distance to the letters and aim it straight down rather than towards the left side. You could also add a light paper-styled texture on your backdrop to give it some flavor.

I hope that's of some help.

:) thank you. that was very constructive. Much appreciated.

Back