CLASSIC "OLDBOY" vs. SPIKE LEE's REMAKE

OK so i'm a big Chan-wook Park fan especially with his classic vengeance movie "OLDBOY". And I'm also a Spike Lee fan and enjoy seeing his visions on screen. But COME ON!!! OLDBOY? Serious?! Yes, i do believe that Spike's will look killer especially knowing of his style and cinematography skills and also his ways of telling a story but i just don't think that it will live up to the original classic "OLDBOY". I mean even down to the hammer torture and fight scenes, recreating those scenes will just be a mere copy of the original. And of course the epic twisted ending... you really think that Hollywood will allow that kind of mental mess? That's my opinion and would more than love to hear yours. :bang::bang::bang:

I'm not a huge fan of the original. Perhaps it was a bit too hyped up. A was a bit let down, but it was an enjoyable and interesting film with some fantastic cinematography, performances, and writing.

Spike Lee has made some of my favorite films, but recently I think he's lost what made his "best films" great. I haven't been impressed with his past few films.

It's not going to horrible seeing the talent involved and the footage we've seen, but it seems pointless. Kind of like "Let Me In". Pointless.

Let Me Out is what they should have named it

I'm not a huge fan of the original. Perhaps it was a bit too hyped up. A was a bit let down, but it was an enjoyable and interesting film with some fantastic cinematography, performances, and writing.

Spike Lee has made some of my favorite films, but recently I think he's lost what made his "best films" great. I haven't been impressed with his past few films.

It's not going to horrible seeing the talent involved and the footage we've seen, but it seems pointless. Kind of like "Let Me In". Pointless.

Ugh! Yes the Americanized Hollywood version of "Let the Right One In"! What a bummer of a remake. Couldn't even stick to the original story because of the sensors. I hope they don't ever try to remake "Head Hunters". I swear I will gather a petition to boycott it if they do. Jeez!

Ugh! Yes the Americanized Hollywood version of "Let the Right One In"! What a bummer of a remake. Couldn't even stick to the original story because of the sensors. I hope they don't ever try to remake "Head Hunters". I swear I will gather a petition to boycott it if they do. Jeez!

Occasionally there are some great remakes.

Solaris, The Departed, The Thing (the 1982 version was a remake), Scarface, Insomnia, True Grit, etc.

But good remakes aren't very often done, and the ever increasing amount of remakes in overwhelming.

Back