• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Canon T2i and Steadicam Merlin

I'm looking for some videos for the settings for the Canon T2i using the Steadicam Merlin... also some tips and tricks would be nice. Thanks :)

I've got t3i and it took a while to get It to fit right, especially considering on the Merlin cookbook website the user specifications vary a lot.
I actually re calibrated it just today! However right now I forget the settings. However it has a finish weight in the middle, and at the bottom a start, mid, and finish weight. I also think the arc is at it's smallest. Definitely gos on N. and is about a number 1 on the top. Ill give it a check tomorrow!

Thanks. I was playing with it a bit. I can't get the fine tuning right. I get a circular sway no matter what.

I assume you have watched the video that came with it? It does take a lot of practice, I've had it a year and i still feel myself getting better when I use it.

What lens are you using on it?

What exactly do you mean by circular sway? If you're not holding onto the bit right beneath the plate (sorry I forget what it's called) then itll sway. You can't just hold onto the handle and expect it to glide correctly, you have to help guide it, either with your finger or your other hand. This is the part that takes the most practice. :secret:

Also it doesn't work terrifically in wind...hope this helps!

Back