• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Camera Issues

Ok so I'm brand spanking new to film. My plan was to read up constantly on it which I have been doing. Buy a camera and get final cut pro x. I even signed up for some classes for final cut that start in a couple of weeks. So I decided to use to trial final cut until in expires and then buy it. PROBLEM I need a softeare update in order to use final cut and the download keeps freezing. I take it to the apple store and they say may hard drive is going bad and I need a new one. Keep it mind I bought this macbook off craigslist 2 years ago and it was already 2 years old. Theres alot of other stuff wrong with it and I figure its best to just get a new one rather than fixing this one up. I had my hopes on a new camera probably a T2i but this laptop situation takes priority right now. Whats a even cheaper camera I could get for a few months? I just want to make a few 1 person skits and some mini docs just to learn the ropes. I wont need a super camera for a few months but I need something right away. Any suggestions for a dslr with movie mode for under $500? As much below $500 as possible preferably. Thanks

Back