• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

2012 Cinematography Reel, car crashes and romance

My 2012 Cinematography reel is finally finished (after many rounds of feedback and constructive criticism)!
2012 Cinematography Reel and Behind the Scenes to the Making of this year's movies I shot.

These are some handpicked impressions (took about 100 hours of selecting footage and chopping a hell load of clips on the editing floor, excluding the time it took to drive all over LA to get the footage from the different filmmakers I worked with) of the projects I shot this year as a Director of Photography.

Length: 2 minutes. Shot on: Canon 7D, Canon 5D MkII, RED Scarlet, Sony F3.
In there, you'll find narrative films, music videos and commercials. In the tags you'll find the directors of each piece.
A 4-minute long version is here: http://vimeo.com/46422185

Some impressions:

what-have-i-done-glidecam-pickup-suv-horses-riding-film-shoot-cinematography.jpg

tobias-deml-red-scarlet-desert-film-shoot-kiril-andreev-behind-the-scenes.jpg

car-crash-rocco-bukatzoo-behind-the-scenes.jpg

on-set-burn-scars-lighting.jpg

Feedback is much appreciated!

Gentle

I wasn't a big fan of the music, but others may like it.

I also feel like the beginning title card being halfway through a dissolve out when the next shot starts seems like a mistake to me. I also don't see the need for two title cards with your info.

But, apart from that, there's some really nice shots in there.

I agree with Jax. The piano seems to be a bad feel. I'd suggest look at going with string/drums/percussion than the piano to get more of a faster feel to it. To me it loses the feeling using the wrong music.

Back