• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Mechan Wars Trailer

www.mechanwars.com

Some of the visual effects still need some improvement. We are done with shooting everything. We hope to finish post by the end of January 2006.

We are still looking for more CG artists (maya or lightwave) to help us out. Also I have some footage (20 minutes) on DVCPRO tapes I need to capture. If anyone in the SF Bay Area has access to a DVCPRO deck and can help, please let me know.

Thanks all!

Cool stuff. I really liked how you mimicked anime staple shots like the pan of the bar with different layers of people moving about and the fight in the dessert with the energy balls and high flying jumps and fight choreography.

Poke

Thanks for the comments, Poke. Blending anime style and live action can be a challenge but I think we pulled it off pretty well, with a little help from lightwave and after effects.

zno2000 said:
www.mechanwars.com

Some of the visual effects still need some improvement. We are done with shooting everything. We hope to finish post by the end of January 2006.

We are still looking for more CG artists (maya or lightwave) to help us out. Also I have some footage (20 minutes) on DVCPRO tapes I need to capture. If anyone in the SF Bay Area has access to a DVCPRO deck and can help, please let me know.

Thanks all!

Go to 3d-palace.com and ask if anyone is willing to donate their skills. there are alot of decent modelers on there. Im just learning basic CGI with max, or I would help you out. Good luck with your film. PS, I know its greenscreen, but one of the images looks like the Tea Garden at GG Park. was the background shot there?

Actual cash flow (money we actually spent) = under $1000

Total Production Value (facilities, equipment, deferred payments, time, energy, creativity) = $100,000

let me know if you guys film up the bay a bit. i'll come and visit your class.. if you like. Ever thought of filming off stage? I know some great spots for you. Black diamond mines is a great place if you want a Yosemite background. Plus, there is very few people (If any) to bother you. I go hiking and most of the time Im alone. I almost never come across people in the deeper parts of the park.

Its almost foggy season. a little hard on the camera gear, but you get some stunning visuals if you get the sun to peak out a bit.

Black diamonds is near me, about 2 miles in Antioch/Pittsburg.

Also, of course, Marine County is a great place to shoot. In the muir woods. You cant do everything in front of green screen. plus its alot of fun to get out and have your cast venture around and get some fresh air.

Back