Congrats to winners of Sansevieria Film Festival (2005)

Here are the awards for the 2005 Sansevieria Film Festival. Thanks to everyone for your submissions.

Blake Hutchison

Sansevieria Films

www.sansevieria.net

E-mail blake@filmedinohio.com

Postal Mailing address (as of 8-19-05)

Blake Hutchison

Mail Stop 514, The Crossings, #1603C

3061 W. Bancroft

Toledo, OH 43606

BEST PICTURE

Christine Chapman, Killer Squirrel Productions -- TWENTY FIRST CENTURY

BEST ACTOR (tie)

Ken Philips, TWENTY FIRST CENTURY

Micah Shane Ballinger, SHADOWS

BEST ACTRESS (tie)

Brandy Seymour, BUTTERMILK AND CIGARETTES

Barbara Toth, SOPHIE

BEST HORROR FILM – (tie)

Derek Rimelspach – EVILUTION

BEST ACTION ADVENTURE FILM

Johnny K. Wu – A JOKER’S CARD

BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS

Jim Minton – CUMPLEANOS and C-FLAT

BEST COMEDY

Jason Morris and Jeremy Dick, BUTTERMILK AND CIGARETTES

BEST AWARENESS PICTURE

Jason Morris and Jeremy Dick, MAYBE NEXT YEAR

BEST FAMILY FILM

Derek Rimelspach – ICE CREAM SUNDAY

BEST SPORTS FILM

Balazs Ban – LET’S PLAY

BEST FOREIGN-LANGUAGE PICTURE

Simos Korexinidis – MERCEDES

BEST SILENT FILM

Satoru Sugita – SHELL EAR

BEST GRAPHICAL EFFECTS

Peter Vadocz – WHY DON’T GIRLS PLAY FOOTBALL?

Ohio is poised to nab the title of "Indie-Filmmaking Capital of the World" any day now. :cool:

The website link indicates (on the main page) that it may be one of the smaller festivals about, but there's no denying the fine films that the Buckeye State is producing.

Is Killer Squirrel Productions the same person that posted about squirrels here recently? (Different film I think, though)

'Grats on the new award, John. :)

Good job Christine! I was about to email you (I got my copy of 21st century today and watched it!)

Fantastic film! The ending was damn hilarious!

Oh- and good job, Johnny. How many awards has Joker's Card dominated already? Madness! Pure madness! (in the good way)

I just found this thread, sorry for the late reply...

Yes, Steve, Twenty First Century is my first short film. Killer Squirrel the second (I think you know that already though). I also Assoc. Produced A Joker's Card and did wardrobe, make up and hair on it.

Spatula- Wow, thanks for the high praise. Personally, I cringe everytime I watch 21st... Want to go back and cut another 5 mins. on the run time and ADR almost the whole thing, but since it took 2 years from shooting to final on it, I just want to be done with it. (If I only knew then what I know now...;) )

Just began pre-prod. on my next short subject. Plan to shoot it in November and get it out to fests in the new year (Hoping for Cleveland International FF and/or IOFF).

Back