panasonic ag dvx100a

100a is the best all around DV camera for film IMO. If you want standard res, you won't go wrong with this cam. I had the opportunity to work on a feature with the 100a, and the trailer has been cut and viewed by the crew... its very beautiful stuff. The 24p is a huge plus.

rockydm92 said:
What suggestions does anyone have about the Panasonic AG-DVX100a mini dv camera? any goood? worth the money?

Great camera, as you can see a lot of people realy like them, the only thing I did not like is that holding it was hard to do, I wanted a way to realy get a grip on it, so I made this, all the rigs you see in the mags are not what I wanted, this is like a rifle the tighter I pull it to my body the better the shot gets.

No I don't sell these, lol you can make one your self useing wood, it's easy and it realy works.

http://www.sticktowhatyouknow.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=2

Zensteve said:
A DVX100a for $2500?

Closer to $3300... unless you're getting a well-used one, or got the $2500 price from one of the many disreputable online camera shops.

In San Francisco in the SoMa district there is a guy who had a new one for 2200 bucks. But it was a floor model. He told me he would sell me a DVX100 for 1900 bucks. just doesnt have the external menu buttons and the lens isnt as nice.

Whats the name of the store in NYC that you see having these cameras advertised for under 2k? I think they're refurbished, but refurbished cameras are often better then new ones because they take care of the problems and quality test them. the rule is, if something is going to go wrong, it goes wrong in the first 3 months or just after the warrenty is up (Usually 3 months to a year for most products)

:D

LizaTrainer said:
Great camera, as you can see a lot of people realy like them, the only thing I did not like is that holding it was hard to do, I wanted a way to realy get a grip on it, so I made this, all the rigs you see in the mags are not what I wanted, this is like a rifle the tighter I pull it to my body the better the shot gets.

No I don't sell these, lol you can make one your self useing wood, it's easy and it realy works.

http://www.sticktowhatyouknow.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=2

Hey Liza, Nice you joined the forum. Liza has a nice forum of her own. I think there is a forum on here you can post the site liza. She has alot of cool photos and how-to's on making props.

Zensteve said:
Liza's great, yes :cool:

She needs to fix her Dead Teddybear site, though.

I loved that. :(

It's coming, I just don't have the time.

The reson I took it down is no one ever made shorts for it, we were the only ones, and I offered a $500.00 cash prize for the best one out of ten, we only had 4 that were made buy people here, so I said to hell with it.

Back