Helloa

Hey i'm Quinny!

I've finished 3 years in film school here in ireland and am now out in the big bad world all by myself :(

hoping to shoot a few shorts in the coming months as well as develope other projects :yes:

i've mainly worked in the camera and lighting depts in student films i've worked on :yes:

always looking to learn new stuff and hopefully will learn some stuff here

oh and I also own a Sony PDx10 and a G5 with FCP HD with i like to play with :yes:

Hi Quinny, welcome to Indietalk. What film school did you attend? We have another recent member join from Ireland, FrillyNilly. You live in a beautiful country, for sure.

I bet you'll find Indietalk the best, and most fun, filmmaking site on the web.

I always loved the way that everyone seems to be called Fran. My ex told me that it was very much like Father Ted. I'm sorry if it is.

Welcome to the most happening place in all of indie film!

i went to a place in cork and for two and a half years we were in a shit hole of a location for doing studio work for with a woodwork class next door... then with bout six months left we moved to a new college with proper studio and green sceen the works but of course us 3rd years didn't really get a chance to use it ....then in the last few weeks there was new HD camera's coming in the door and the teachers showing them to use and telling us we cannot touch ...bastards!

in saying all the it was a great course for camera and lighting would be one of the best in Ireland...

all well cheers

Nique Zoolio said:
I always loved the way that everyone seems to be called Fran. My ex told me that it was very much like Father Ted. I'm sorry if it is.

Welcome to the most happening place in all of indie film!

i would say i know about two people if even called Fran :rolleyes: :D oh and father ted was a piss take... and i'd say the best tv show ever to come out of ireland :yes: :P

quinny said:
oh and father ted was a piss take... and i'd say the best tv show ever to come out of ireland :yes: :P
I'd actually say it's the best sitcom I've ever seen. I have series 1 on DVD. Reminds me, I need to get the rest of the series. ;)

i would go as far to say that too ...there was talks of doing an american version :rolleyes: is that happening or has it happened ...would be crap anyway :D

Ted: said:
Dougal, how did you get into the church in the first place? Was it, like, 'collect 12 crisp packets and become a priest?'

Dougal: God, I've heard about those cults Ted. People dressing up in black and saying Our Lord's going to come back and save us all.
Ted: No, Dougal, that's us. That's Catholicism.
Dougal: Oh right.

Dougal: Watch this, Ted. (rubs letters off blackboard) You see? You can rub off the letters.
Ted: But, Dougal, you can do that with any blackboard.
Dougal: What?

Pat Mustard: I'm a very careful man, Father.
Ted: Except when it comes to taking precautions in the bedroom!
Pat: You're not advocating the use of artificial contraception now, are you?
Ted: Well, ye......well, no...well, naturally.....well, not really....well, of course you'd............JUST FECK OFF!

Dougal: Can I stay up tonight to watch the scary film?
Ted: Ah, no no no. The last time you stayed up to watch a scary film you ended up having to sleep in my bed. I wouldn't mind, but it wasn't even a scary film.
Dougal: Come on, Ted. A Volkswagen with a mind of its own. If that isn't scary, I don't know what is.

Dougal: (trying to pray) Hail Mary who art in heaven.......
Ted: Hallowed.
Dougal: Oh yeah. Hallowed Be....
Ted: Thy Name...
Dougal: Papa Don't Preach........
Ted: Dougal, you know you can praise the lord with sleep.
Dougal: Really Ted? You can praise him in lots of ways, like that time you said that I could praise him just by leaving the room.
Ted: Yes, that was a good one !

Mrs Doyle: Now come on Father, what would you say to a nice cup of tea?
Jack: FECK OFF CUP!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

quinny said:
i would go as far to say that too ...there was talks of doing an american version :rolleyes: is that happening or has it happened ...would be crap anyway :D
I heard that too. I hope not! Ever seen the American Coupling. :scared:

Back