• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch First Person Splatter

Hey, welcome to indietalk! Hope you enjoy your stay.

I was going to say something about the game action footage, have the guy pick up weapons, health kits and what not then saw ur ending. ;)

Very nicely done, a few nit picks but nothing serious. I liked it a lot.

Kind of predictible story but not entirely. The ending was not what I expected but not a shock either. The guy in the towel, excellent work on that one. Kind of made the other attack scenes seem really flat in comparison. Like all FPS/RP games things get harder as you move along, yours got easier. I would have switched them around and made the car jacking scene (the last in the series) the hardest struggle.

I loved the integration of the gamepad with the action in the begining but I would have liked more and maybe even more specific as a kind of establishing with cut shots. You do that but I don't think it was enough or maybe could have been clearer. The shots of the gamer in the dark didn't need to be that dark I didn't think. Needed more flickering lights on the subject (he is playing a game on TV). Maybe a soft back light too for depth.

When the cops showed up at the end of the joy ride and the camera kept moving around a lot probably needs to be redone. I know you probably don't have the budget for cop costumes and cop cars but even a couple rented blue and red flashing lights or something other than the shake the camera to hide the fact we don't have any real cops. I understood what was happening but everything else in the movie was so good, this reveal scene could have been stronger without the fuzzyness.

Wonderful little film though, I enjoyed it. :pop:

Last edited:
Boz Uriel said:
Kind of predictible story but not entirely. The ending was not what I expected but not a shock either. The guy in the towel, excellent work on that one. Kind of made the other attack scenes seem really flat in comparison. Like all FPS/RP games things get harder as you move along, yours got easier. I would have switched them around and made the car jacking scene (the last in the series) the hardest struggle.

Yeah, in editing it seemed that the "transition" footage sorta dictated the order that the murders would have to take place. In retrospect, we probably could have gotten away with just about anything. :)

Boz Uriel said:
I loved the integration of the gamepad with the action in the begining but I would have liked more and maybe even more specific as a kind of establishing with cut shots. You do that but I don't think it was enough or maybe could have been clearer.

Heh, it's hard to know when "not enough" becomes "too much." We erred on the side of caution, but yeah, we probably could have used more. God knows we shot enough of it!

Boz Uriel said:
The shots of the gamer in the dark didn't need to be that dark I didn't think. Needed more flickering lights on the subject (he is playing a game on TV). Maybe a soft back light too for depth.

This was the first time we actually tried to "light" a shot. Our camera is really bad in low light, and I was really surprised by how much blue light we had to put on that guy. We're learnin'.

Boz Uriel said:
When the cops showed up at the end of the joy ride and the camera kept moving around a lot probably needs to be redone. I know you probably don't have the budget for cop costumes and cop cars but even a couple rented blue and red flashing lights or something other than the shake the camera to hide the fact we don't have any real cops. I understood what was happening but everything else in the movie was so good, this reveal scene could have been stronger without the fuzzyness.

This film had no budget, really. We spent about $100 all together, most of which went into parts for the stunt dummy used in the pedestrian hit and run.

The fuzzyness of the last shot is a combination of the camera being bad in low light, and video compression. The tape version isn't quite so bad, but could be better.

Boz Uriel said:
Wonderful little film though, I enjoyed it. :pop:

Thank you very much, Boz! Glad you liked it!

I liked it! Except a lot of the acting was crap, but that's okay. It's very well made. What camera(s) did you use?

Back