What mac to buy
I’m trying to figure out what mac to buy to edit with Final Cut Studio.
A Power Mac
• Dual 2.3GHz PowerPC G5• 512MB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200)
- 2x256• 250GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm• ATI Radeon 9650 w/256MB DDR SDRAM
• 16x SuperDrive double-layer (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
• Apple Keyboard & Apple Mouse
- U.S. English• Mac OS X - U.S. English• None
Estimated Ship:2-4 business daysFree Shipping$2,549.00
Part No. CT439938 1GB, 184-pin DIMM Upgrade for a Apple Power Mac G5 (Dual 2.3GHz DDR) System US $118.99 US $475.96
Total of: $3,025
Or an iMac
• 512MB DDR400 SDRAM - 1 DIMM
• 400GB Serial ATA drive• SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD+RW/CD-RW)
• Keyboard & Mouse + Mac OS X - U.S. English
• 56Kbps Modem• 20-inch widescreen LCD• 2GHz PowerPC G5
• ATI Radeon 9600 with 128MB DDR Video Memory
• AirPort Extreme• Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR
Estimated Ship:1-3 business daysFree Shipping
Part No. CT440125 1GB, 184-pin DIMM Upgrade for a Apple iMac (G5-2.0GHz, 20-inch) System US $118.99 US $237.98
Would the Power Mac be worth $800 dollars more? I will probably start with Final Cut express, and then upgrade to Studio when I am ready.
But I would need a Mac that can handle Final Cut Studio well.