Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > The Biz > Hollywood

Old 05-31-2018, 11:50 AM   #1
sfoster
IndieTalk Moderator

That'll get you fired!!

I'm starting a new compendium of dumb shit people do to get themselves fired in the entertainment industry

Lethal Weapon on FOX
With over-the-top unrealistic action (think Charlies angels) this shows cornerstone was the chemistry between the two male leads. Damon waynes and clayne Crawford.

The casting was on point, the show was successful, but clayne was emotionally abusive to other cast and crew members. And then when he was in charge of directing an episode someone got hurt from shrapnel.

Fired and .. replaced by seann wiliam scott. nice pickup fox, he'll be an interesting riggs.

Rosanne on ABC

What a comeback (I hear) in terms of ratings. This show was really successful.
And then two days ago Rosanne posted a racist tweet "under the influence of ambien"

Racist Tweet: Spoiler: Muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=Valerie Jarrett

Yup that'll get you fired!!
Okay that's it for now until the next schmuck slips up
sfoster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 07-22-2018, 08:45 AM   #2
sfoster
IndieTalk Moderator

Quote:
James Gunn was fired Friday as director of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” because of old tweets that recently emerged where he joked about subjects like pedophilia and rape.
http://time.com/5344997/james-gunn-fired-old-tweets/

Quote:
My words of nearly a decade ago were, at the time, totally failed and unfortunate efforts to be provocative. I have regretted them for many years since — not just because they were stupid, not at all funny, wildly insensitive, and certainly not provocative like I had hoped, but also because they don’t reflect the person I am today or have been for some time,” Gunn said in a statement. “Regardless of how much time has passed, I understand and accept the business decisions taken today. Even these many years later, I take full responsibility for the way I conducted myself then.
sfoster is online now   Reply With Quote