Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Showcase > Screening Room > Narrative

Old 09-09-2016, 01:53 PM   #31
WalterB
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickClapper View Post
Thought that was great Walter, one of the strongest 48hr films I've ever seen. I thought the twist ending worked really well, and whilst I would probably recommend trimming it down a little bit, it kept my attention for the whole period. Really well acted too the two women were great and it was good to see you working with Joey again. Your 48hr with him was certainly better than mine! (He looks much better with shorter hair).
Thanks!
A few weeks before 48 Hour started they organised a drink for people who would (want to) participate and I saw Joey's name right below my name on the guestlist. When I saw we talked for a while (last time I saw him was on set 2 years ago) and I just said: 'Do you have team? No? Come join us, it will be fun.'
And it was fun indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker Funk View Post
Yo, that was dope! I really enjoyed it. You definitely pushed the boundaries of political correctness, and that is something good comedy often does. I like the cinematography, the performances are on-point, the music is great, the editing is perfect. I could go on, but suffice it to say that I think this is a wonderful entry in the 48HFP.

As far as comparing it to the contest "winner", I personally think it's absurd to try to make art a competition. Art is a creative expression, and that's it. There is no such thing as "winning". Your team won because you made a terrific film and got a good reception from the audience.
You are right: it shouldn't be a competition. On the other hand it is cool to try to make the best short.
The whole team agreed that no matter what prizes we might possibly win, we already won by beating the deadline with this short.

Our writing team (1 male and 1 female writer, she came up with the concept) really pushed the boundaries, but that was the intention: take sexism as a subject, play with gender roles, make it over the top and funny, while still commenting on human behaviour most people try not to see. (A few times I wondered, can we get away with it? But the cast delivered it in a perfect way )
In that perspective it is kind of funny that in the 'winning film' the main character gets punished for a very humiliating sexist remark as well.

(Although no competition: we are trying to get as many eyes on the short as possible. So if you think it is funny, feel free to share it on facebook, twitter, etcetera :p )
WalterB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 09-10-2016, 12:38 PM   #32
WalterB
Basic Member

Today we reached the 1000th view.
A lot of people seem to like it
Old 09-23-2016, 05:36 PM   #33
WalterB
Basic Member

1600+ views.
We submitted it to several shortfilmfests. Now we wait...
Old 09-23-2016, 05:41 PM   #34
indietalk
IndieTalk Founder

Cool! Best of luck!
indietalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 04:12 PM   #35
WalterB
Basic Member

Today our short was picked up by a Dutch videoplatform that is filled with silly videos, virals, mishaps and such. That resulted in 52349 views in less than 10 hours!
Too bad someone (unknown to us) ripped the short from YouTube to upload it, so the count on YouTube is still 2500 views after 2 months.
(But hey, we wanted it to be seen by as many people as possible )

It really matters what platform shares your videos. Eventhough that platform is notorious for the rubbish and pretty bad comments (although that seems to be the main attraction for many people) there are over 100k people visiting that site daily.

By accident this short is now the most viewed 48HFP film from Rotterdam ever... LOL
Old 11-29-2016, 01:51 PM   #36
WalterB
Basic Member

For all the London (and UK) based ITers: 'Well Done' can be viewed in The Book Store on the 10th of December at the film bunch. http://thefilmbunch.com/
There will be more shorts to be seen, btw, so don't let the fact you've already seen our short stop you
Old 11-29-2016, 01:55 PM   #37
indietalk
IndieTalk Founder

Cool!
indietalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:10 PM   #38
WalterB
Basic Member

The screening in London was great fun!
I thought I wouldn't have time to be there, but in the end going by boat to Harwich was the way to be there and be back in time for shooting a video on sunday.
It was great to meet London filmmakers and to see how people react to the humor and the clou

This was my first international screening, so I had to be there.
One of our writer and one actress came to London as well. As I've seen the Tower Bridge, St Paul, Cleopatra's Needle, The Tower, Shakespeare's Theater, The London Eye and the Big Ben in the morning.

After the screening we had many interesting conversations.

Some other news: we added Italian subtitles
(And hopefully we can add Spanish, Polish and French soon.)

And there is a making of about the 48 Hour weekend in Rotterdam in general.
I added timecode to the URL: you can see our producer/soundmixer, runner/assistant producer and our producer/team captain relax after delivering the short in time:
Old 12-16-2016, 08:55 PM   #39
mlesemann
IndieTalk Moderator

That's great! Yeah, you really needed to be there and I'm so glad it worked out.
Congrats!
mlesemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 05:36 PM   #40
WalterB
Basic Member

I'm in an experimental mood, so I changed the start still on YouTube from the blue office building to this new still:

Part of the experiment is to see whether or not people will play the video sooner. But really testing that would be doubleposting everywhere, so I will just ask you:
do you think this is an improvement from a hypothetical clickrate perspective?
Old 01-13-2017, 07:40 PM   #41
mlesemann
IndieTalk Moderator

I think that in general viewers are more attracted to images of/with people than buildings, so yes I think it would be a better choice.
mlesemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:25 AM   #42
mussonman
Basic Member

Damn, Walter, this is pretty good! I particularly laughed at the 'passionate about young girls in leotards' line
mussonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:02 PM   #43
WalterB
Basic Member

Hahaha, thanks!
That line made me laugh pretty hard as well when I read it for the first time (and the second time )

Next week I'll have French and Spanish subtitles as well.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:32 AM   #44
WalterB
Basic Member

In the meantime I finally added the French and Spanish subtitles.
And our short was named in an article about subtitlng workshops and using subtitles to reach beyond your own language as an example of impossible to translate while keeping the whole double meaning. LOL
It is true.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:24 AM   #45
WalterB
Basic Member

A year has passed, and last weekend we participated again.
But that will be another thread.