How Does One Arrive at This Result?

Okay, please don't refer to me as "they", haha. :)

You are correct to point out that I've held this opinion for a long time. And though anything is possible, I don't see myself changing my mind any time soon. Objectivity is a fallacy, most especially in art. Humans are not robots. We process the world emotionally, even just every-day situations like running errands are viewed through the eyeballs of a creature with moods and feelings.

Art is the ultimate extension of our feelings. Art is how we open our hearts to the world. That's what makes it so difficult. It's scary to literally allow the entire world to see what makes you tick. But that's the only way to make good art. It has to be personal, because if it isn't, then you really haven't said anything.

Okay, please don't refer to me as "they", haha. :)

I don't usually make a habit of checking what someone's gender is before speaking to them in a forum like this. And even when I have, many times no gender is given in certain profiles and forums. So I simply chose to split the difference and do the PC thing, which is use the term "they." I promise it was not an attempt to dehumanize you or some-such.

I don't usually make a habit of checking what someone's gender is before speaking to them in a forum like this. And even when I have, many times no gender is given in certain profiles and forums. So I simply chose to split the difference and do the PC thing, which is use the term "they." I promise it was not an attempt to dehumanize you or some-such.

Hehe, well that was very considerate of you. I'm a dude, for future reference. :)

Hey FilmmakerJ, I gotcha!!!

Yeah - if you ever do get a chance and you want to binge on a Hunger Games marathon, please keep the lack of wide-angle establishment shots in mind when you watch the first one. In my opinion, from what I remember, and I commented on it to the buddies I was with (they are all in the movie industry, as am I), I mentioned that there was NO long shot or major establishment shot until they are on the train travelling to the major city, and even then it was for like half a second...

Anyways, just myself trying to be funny. My main pastime is to make other people laugh. I enjoy that!

Back