• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Kill Basti V2.0

Hi
it's the first time I show a movie here. I am Frankie and I do Shortmovies as a hobby. And one film is finaly done now.
It's a short (7 min.) and cheap made (100€) amateur movie. The central motivation is REVENGE! It was filmed 2008 and 2009. The Visual Effects took me longer than I thought and so on. I am not sure if I can embed here, but you can see it at vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/132314851

I hope you enjoy it.
Greets,
Frankie

Your live shots were so much better than your CG stuff that it became a distraction. I'm not tech savvy so I really can't give any advice.

I always say, if you don't have time to commit to rehearsing a fight scene, better to find something else to fill the time. There were a couple moments in the fist fight I liked, but the leg work (kicks, etc.) was really lacking. It was overly obvious they were pulling their punches sometimes.

The story line was good. You did a good job telling the story with no dialogue.

Thanks for the feedback Murdoch!
It's really welcome. The CG stuff was the test in this film. I wanted to see where the limits are (for me). And I guess I see the same limits that you see. :) On the other hand, coming from 0 to 100 with this stuff, I like some directions I went with the CG stuff. But I will double check if this has to be in future scripts :).
For the fight there was no way to have training on them. The location for the fight was unclear up to one day before the shot. Leg work wasn't ask, and it was in no way meant to have a martial arts scene inside. It's just a fight.
Thanks for the story line ... :)
Greets from Berlin,
Frankie

Back