Home Your Ad Here

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Making The Film > Acting

Old 05-03-2015, 09:30 PM   #1
iiamhades
Basic Member

Looking to create great indie film genre: cult/thriller/drama

Hello, I am looking to create a great indie film, I have the plot and am looking for a team to build with directors and screen writers to help make this movie. I guarantee that once you get the gist of the movie you will because captive of it's insane plot twist. I am mainly looking for directors to film, I wrote the story and plan on playing the main character but also need other characters..
iiamhades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 05-03-2015, 10:19 PM   #2
Sweetie
Basic Member

So to clarify, you're an actor who wrote this script to star in and you're looking for someone to make this film... right?

What's the budget that you have secured so far?
Sweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:21 PM   #3
sfoster
IndieTalk Moderator

I am a writer/director.
Do you have any acting reel?
sfoster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:45 PM   #4
iiamhades
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
So to clarify, you're an actor who wrote this script to star in and you're looking for someone to make this film... right?

What's the budget that you have secured so far?
I'm new to this whole film scene, I'm looking to actually pitch the plot to a director, and get his green light to get his or her team available. I'm basically looking to enter the field with this project.
Old 05-03-2015, 10:47 PM   #5
iiamhades
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoster View Post
I am a writer/director.
Do you have any acting reel?
No not yet, and I would love to pitch you the plot it's broken right now but that's why I want to get a team on board. Think you can email me?
Old 05-03-2015, 10:55 PM   #6
sfoster
IndieTalk Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiamhades View Post
No not yet, and I would love to pitch you the plot it's broken right now but that's why I want to get a team on board. Think you can email me?
It takes a lot of work to turn a great idea into a great script.
Email sent.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:41 PM   #7
iiamhades
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoster View Post
It takes a lot of work to turn a great idea into a great script.
Email sent.
I promise it's worth it.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:00 AM   #8
Sweetie
Basic Member

I'm going to leave you in sfoster's capable hands.

I'm almost curious in your pitch. Almost. When it's only in the idea stage and an inexperienced lead is already attached who is half way across the world, it's simple out of my wheel house. If sfoster passes, you're probably better off networking with local producers and gauge the chances of the project going ahead.

Good luck with your project.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:28 AM   #9
directorik
IndieTalk's Resident Guru

Quote:
Hello, I am looking to create a great indie film, I have the plot and am looking for a team to build with directors and screen writers to help make this movie. I guarantee that once you get the gist of the movie you will because captive of it's insane plot twist. I am mainly looking for directors to film, I wrote the story and plan on playing the main character but also need other characters..
I'll take a chance.

Pitch it to me.
directorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:25 AM   #10
sfoster
IndieTalk Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
I'm going to leave you in sfoster's capable hands.

I'm almost curious in your pitch. Almost. When it's only in the idea stage and an inexperienced lead is already attached who is half way across the world, it's simple out of my wheel house. If sfoster passes, you're probably better off networking with local producers and gauge the chances of the project going ahead.

Good luck with your project.
I liked his idea for a psychological thriller but I think the logistics were a little out of my league.
Feature film with a lot of scenes taking place in a high school.

I'm still doing shorts at free locations
Old 05-04-2015, 08:19 PM   #11
Sweetie
Basic Member

Quote:
I think the logistics were a little out of my league.
I'm fairly sure he wants to shoot in NYC. That's out of my country
Old 05-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #12
iiamhades
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directorik View Post
I'll take a chance.

Pitch it to me.
I'm new to this, don't know how to directly message you, think you can email me?
Old 05-05-2015, 12:42 AM   #13
directorik
IndieTalk's Resident Guru

Click on my name. Click on send private message.

Better yet, pitch your project here. You might find more people interested.
directorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:51 AM   #14
iiamhades
Basic Member

This is a basic outline.

first let me introduce the charaters
Bobby English 17: Quite, Mysterious, Anti-Social, Wierd, Loner, Socially awkward
Kevin Stone 18: Brave, Spontaneous, loose cannon, possesion, quick tempered, Non- Chanlant
Christy Stone 17: Caring, Kind hearted, Spontaneos, sympathethic, Jealous, Sensative
Jessy Daniels 17: Grade A student, Cheerleader captain, Artistic, Open Minded, Cares and is interested in Bobby.

Bobby English's life couldn't get any meaningless, he has no drive, friends or family. He is a orphan living with foster parents who only uses him for credit and plans on getting rid of him when he's 18. He has no idea what the feeling of a true family is until he meets the stones that is. Kevin and Christy look after bobby in numerous events after bobby moves into an abandoned house with them, they help Bobby with many of his troubles giving him excitement and reasons to wake up in the morning, but things change when someone Bobbys conflicts get taken over board due to Kevin and Christy.

thats just some the complete bare minimum

Bobby gets into many altercations for example a girl comes on to him but has a boyfriend in which her boyfriend completely embarrasses Bobby in the cafe at school so Kevin forces to come with him to exact revenge, they follow the boyfriend as he walks home, beats him with a bat unintentionally until he dies forcing the 3 of them to form a pact, which is only the beginning of 4 major murders between the 3 of them. People that die are Bobby teacher, Jessy Daniels, The Boyfriend/ Joc, and his gf who wanted Bobby. Jessy is very interested in Bobby because of how different he is, Christy who claims to be in love with Bobby attacks Jessy strangling her to death infront of the boys while kevin holds Bobby back claiming its for his own good because she would break his heart and that Christy and Kevin will give him all the love he needs.

Bobby after killing Jessy realizes that Kevin and Christy are only people he created within his mind to bare with being alone, he finally realizes the crazy things he's done and realizes that he's insanc, as the police finally connect all of the murdered the squat team gets info on the abandoned house Bobby stays in and raids the place which results in Bobbys Death//
Old 05-05-2015, 12:39 PM   #15
iiamhades
Basic Member

Quote:
This is a basic outline.

first let me introduce the charaters
Bobby English 17: Quite, Mysterious, Anti-Social, Wierd, Loner, Socially awkward
Kevin Stone 18: Brave, Spontaneous, loose cannon, possesion, quick tempered, Non- Chanlant
Christy Stone 17: Caring, Kind hearted, Spontaneos, sympathethic, Jealous, Sensative
Jessy Daniels 17: Grade A student, Cheerleader captain, Artistic, Open Minded, Cares and is interested in Bobby.

Bobby English's life couldn't get any meaningless, he has no drive, friends or family. He is a orphan living with foster parents who only uses him for credit and plans on getting rid of him when he's 18. He has no idea what the feeling of a true family is until he meets the stones that is. Kevin and Christy look after bobby in numerous events after bobby moves into an abandoned house with them, they help Bobby with many of his troubles giving him excitement and reasons to wake up in the morning, but things change when someone Bobbys conflicts get taken over board due to Kevin and Christy.

thats just some the complete bare minimum

Bobby gets into many altercations for example a girl comes on to him but has a boyfriend in which her boyfriend completely embarrasses Bobby in the cafe at school so Kevin forces to come with him to exact revenge, they follow the boyfriend as he walks home, beats him with a bat unintentionally until he dies forcing the 3 of them to form a pact, which is only the beginning of 4 major murders between the 3 of them. People that die are Bobby teacher, Jessy Daniels, The Boyfriend/ Joc, and his gf who wanted Bobby. Jessy is very interested in Bobby because of how different he is, Christy who claims to be in love with Bobby attacks Jessy strangling her to death infront of the boys while kevin holds Bobby back claiming its for his own good because she would break his heart and that Christy and Kevin will give him all the love he needs.

Bobby after killing Jessy realizes that Kevin and Christy are only people he created within his mind to bare with being alone, he finally realizes the crazy things he's done and realizes that he's insanc, as the police finally connect all of the murdered the squat team gets info on the abandoned house Bobby stays in and raids the place which results in Bobbys Death//

Way more to the story but this is a rough cut, looking to film this summer, I am 18 and moving to new york from washington d.c but i'm sure we can figure out something, don't underestimate the potential of this.