• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Please tell me...

Hi. For a no budget one man video (I do a lot of those myself) I thought it was good.

The shots I liked the most where the close ups with the singers hood up. You had some really nice lighting going on there. Thought it was edited well, and fit the pace of the song. The shots in the bar/restaurant where well framed and you seemed to get a decent performance out of your subject.

The things that I felt could be improved are:

With the video being black and white I feel you should have added more contrast. Everything felt a little washed out and flat. The room that you shot in for the mids and n the bed cried out for some thing on the walls. Blank wall is blank.

When he seems to be breaking down towards the end, I think you could have made it more frenetic
faster, choppier editing, more distortion, more coverage when shooting those scenes would have helped (if you didn't get more angles that is). I feel that I also needed a bit more as to why he was going a little nuts. It might be ion the lyrics, but I was concentrating on the visuals.

While it was definitely a good video, I feel you could have pushed it a lot further. I have a video with a similar theme (someone going a little crazy) in this thread.

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=57170

Take a look, you can crit mine too :) I feel that there could be some touches you can maybe see in my work that maybe could work in future if you're tackling something like this again.

Or not, you might think its toss ;)

Anyway, good work, and keep shooting. :)

You've done better. When you go big, your stuff is amazing whereas this is just lacking in attention grabbing stuff.

It's almost as if someone else could've shot this vid, not you. It didn't have a personality and character I usually expect from your stuff.

Hey Lukas,
I normally love your stuff. On these two....;), I think you didn't try hard enough.

-you could have used more locations
-Used better effects

I don't want to say too much, as I myself might be directing a couple of music videos, and am trying to figure out how to make them interesting. My critique has nothing to do with shot selection or filming or anything (I generally really like your framing). They just don't feel as interesting as your other stuff.

Hope you don't mind my critique. It's coming from the point of view of a fan, cause I like almost everything you do :)

on both videos I didnt have time - both weren't the usual music video shots

both were strick time limits

DONNIE was flying out to New York the next day and we shot it in one day - and didnt have budget for locations - TRUST ME it is extremally difficult to get locations in London! Mission Imposible if you have no budget :(

with KAELA's video lol... well - I didnt sleep for 60 hours... that video was filmed the same day as my flight from New York to London, a day before I was asked to come up with something before I leave they wante to use me lol so the next day we found studio, filmed in the evening, spent some time transfering the footage before leaving to the airport and flying back to London. And also that video has no budget - and both video had no crew - just me

I found both videos to be boring...sorry but that's true....however, given you comment that these were all rushed, I guess my constructive criticism here would be that next time, turn down the work if they won't give you time to do it right. They are still going to want to put these videos out there, and it is not the best you could have done with more time...so next time re-schedule to give yourself time to do things at your normal level of skill, or don't touch it.

Back