• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Slug lines in same old house & CONTINUOUS

Two location/scene heading questions: A large part of my screenplay takes place in the same house. Different floors and rooms, but the same house. Once I set the first scene heading as standard (INT. MY HOUSE, BEDROOM, DAY), as long as I don't leave the house, can I just keep naming the different rooms in which the scenes take place throughout the house without the INT/EXT etc? i.e., LIVING ROOM - LATER then followed by the next scene as KITCHEN - CONTINUOUS, etc.
***On that note, I always use CONTINUOUS when the scene is unbroken (no time has passed between locations) but has moved to another location. So in my house location example, if the characters start in LIVING ROOM but walk to the KITCHEN, I usually write that: KITCHEN - CONTINUOUS. Or are in the SUN ROOM and walk down the steps to the basement as part of the scene, again, I would use BASEMENT - CONTINUOUS to show they are on another location but the scene is in progress. Is that correct?
Thanks!

Back