• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Spider-Man Visual Effects

Hey guys, I'd love some feedback on this short Electro video I made. I tried to capture some of what the new Spider-Man movie did, while adding my own flare to it.

If you get a chance to watch it, let me know what you think about lighting, tone, etc. My goal was to create a certain environment and tone in 30 seconds using minimal lighting and gear.

Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAGvreZxwxA

what do you think yourself? do you think it is kind of ok to get away with it or do you think it is awesome?
i see that you understand the basic principle of compositing, but it does not feel real, i think you could spend at least 1 or 2 days working on the beam and it would increase the quality, same goes for the light. the beam is emitting light and it should be seen on the actor. You did it, but can you enhance it?

I have the feeling it is kind of ok for a no budget short, but is this really what you want to show or would you prefer to leave great impression?

what do you think yourself? do you think it is kind of ok to get away with it or do you think it is awesome?
i see that you understand the basic principle of compositing, but it does not feel real, i think you could spend at least 1 or 2 days working on the beam and it would increase the quality, same goes for the light. the beam is emitting light and it should be seen on the actor. You did it, but can you enhance it?

I have the feeling it is kind of ok for a no budget short, but is this really what you want to show or would you prefer to leave great impression?

What TheKraut said. I agree 100% with everything he has written. And on IT, that's about as rare as it gets...

Thanks for the criticism! I'll keep working at it.
It would have been tough to push the animated lighting any further than I did without getting a really grainy image, but that is because of how it was shot. I'll have to keep it in mind next time.

Thanks again!

thats simple to solve. you degrain your plate, then pull a difference between the degrained and the original.
then you do your comp on the degrained plate, and at the end you add the difference on top. so you will keep all the original grain and detail abd you dont need to worry about the grain on your comp layers.

I have no idea how you do this kind of thing so I would be very pleased with myself if I could do something like this.

All I can say is....It Can Only Get Better.

Back