• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch A couple films for your consideration.

A couple films for your consideration. (Images added)

I finished a couple absurdist pieces the past few months. They were shot on 16mm.

hippy.jpg

October March
http://www.cultstitch.com/video/octobermarch.wmv
My "end of the world" piece.

creature.jpg

Klotho & Widdershins
http://www.cultstitch.com/video/klotho.wmv
A fairy tale.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Very, very ... very interesting.

Loved the end credits for "October March." I'm not the biggest fan of experimental films, but you gave this one some interesting images with the mix of found footage and original work.

Now, "Klotho & Widdershins" was deliciously creepy. Loved the ending shots, and the music.

Poke

The front page! Wow, thanks!

I'm glad you liked them, Poke. October March was my first attempt at 16mm. I was just having fun with it. I knew what imagery I wanted, but wasn't sure how the film was going to turn out. I was more than satisfied.

Klotho was an idea I had been toying around with for about a year. The footage came out much better than I anticipated, the light meter didn't work during shooting.

I think these are 2 of the most interesting pieces on the site right now. Excellent work! Thank you for sharing your unique and experimental vision with us, reelfiction.

very good

I loved October March. It was different and experimental, yet I felt like I've seen it many times before. It just had a great mood/feel to it. Well done.

Agreed, Klotho & Widdershins is much better. I think I'm gonna have to start walking like that, leaning over backwards and such. :)

Here's an update. I had to rescore Klotho & Widdershins for festival purposes as I was unable to secure a license for the jazz music. I will still keep the Crowley and the german piece at the end by Anna Lisa Ingemansson, however.

Here's the new score.

http://www.cultstitch.com/personal/KLOTHO.MP3

The music will synch up with the first laser type sound when he's tapping her on the shoulder.

...sometimes the best thing you can say about an experimental film is "I don't get it" :D

I liked the second one more also, the first reminded me of a scene in Bergman's seventh seal. (never actually saw the film, but the scene I remember)

...not bad...

--spinner :cool:

Do NOT take this the wrong way, but when looking at the screenshots I expected to see a comedy. From the LAYS product placement, to the funny masks..I expected an experimental film spoof. Nope. A real experimental film.

I can appreciate these films and films like it, because they can help us understand the limitations and freedoms of the medium...but I can't really get into them or watch them more than once. Just not my cup o tea, but you appear to have some fans here, so kudos!

Fair enough, although I do consider them to be satirical towards experimental films. I like the term "artsploitation". :)

The response has been incredible, though. Thank you everyone!

-M.

P.S. It was supposed to be a Subway bag, but my actor kept insisting on something vegan.

I never saw this thread until today and I'm glad that I did. I actually found October March better. Look forward to see more!

(sorry double post :rolleyes: ) Just wondering what the song is at the end of October March when the bombs are dropped.

Last edited:
I don't remember off hand, I get my obscure Italian composers confused sometimes ;) I'll take a look tonight.

Glad you enjoyed them, though.

October March won a local award about a month ago. Local monthly short film contest, $100 is $100, but it goes on to compete for some big enchilada at the end of the year against the other finalists. Like a trip to Vegas or something. :)

Good luck with contest! It's one of the best short films i've seen all year. Another thing while i'm here, did you film the clip with the demonds? It would have to be one of my favorite parts.

Back