Indietalk mobile app UPDATE: IT on TapaTalk

It would be awesome if we could get a mobile app for indietalk.com @indietalk is there any plans in the future for something like this? I would definitely pay .99$ or even 1.99$ for it on the App Store.

I have tapatalk installed on all of the forums that I own. The software is free to forum owners and users alike. My members are very happy with it.

I would love to have an app like that. I'm on the go a lot and no offense indietalk but it's kinda a pain in the ass to use this site on a mobile site.

Apps? Tapatalk?! What is this 21st century thing you're trying to drag the forums into? Back in my day, we all had to use HTML meta-refresh functions in a webpage header... and you know what? We liked it like that!
smiley_grandpa.gif

I actually have a bitter hatred towards tapatalk, despite never having used it. Every time I hit a site or forum that uses it on my phone it pops up a message suggesting I download it. When I'm searching for a solution to a problem I often will hit 4-5 results in a row which all pop up the same annoying message. If indietalk starts doing that I'll have to... well, I don't know, something. Get angry at my phone. Get off my forum you damn apps!

IndieTalk App

Hey sometimes when I am wanting to go on indietalk weather it's to post something or look for
Advice, I'm not always at home at my computer to get on. Yeah I can use the browser on my phone and login then have to zoom in to read things meant for a computer. The point is I think it would be useful to make an app for the website so it's mobile friendly. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought of this I'm just wondering why it hasn't happened yet. Just my idea though.

The quickest/easiest/cheapest solution would be to setup Tapatalk on the forum. Website-specific apps that really do nothing other than provide a mobile interface to their website are kind of pointless.

Alternately, a style update could make the site mobile friendly without any extra cruft.

Basically, all the site really would need is a responsive "theme" installed. Although, vBulletin 3.8.7 is getting to be pretty old, so an overall software update would probably be advisable as well

Last edited:
I'm trying to find this forum on tapatalk and it comes up with no results. Does it come up under different name maybe?

Hey sometimes when I am wanting to go on indietalk weather it's to post something or look for
Advice, I'm not always at home at my computer to get on. Yeah I can use the browser on my phone and login then have to zoom in to read things meant for a computer. The point is I think it would be useful to make an app for the website so it's mobile friendly. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought of this I'm just wondering why it hasn't happened yet. Just my idea though.

Fwiw... coding apps can be somewhat... involved

Not many can do it;

Been get into it lately as a (sigh) supplemental source of revenue for my indie moviemaking habit

We are now on TapaTalk. It is a temporary solution until we are on the new shiny platform which is mobile friendly, but until then you can find us on TT with push notifications as well. ;)

I actually have a bitter hatred towards tapatalk, despite never having used it. Every time I hit a site or forum that uses it on my phone it pops up a message suggesting I download it. When I'm searching for a solution to a problem I often will hit 4-5 results in a row which all pop up the same annoying message. If indietalk starts doing that I'll have to... well, I don't know, something. Get angry at my phone. Get off my forum you damn apps!

I also hate the TT banner but for now it is needed to let users know about the TT functionality as they surf on mobile. This announcement will only go so far. (I think I've disabled the annoying welcome one, but left the header banner letting you know of TT when not on the app.)

Thanks!

Back