Full Sail-Good or Bad school?

I recently got phone call from the administration department at full sail school
Full Sail school is only about entertainment, such as film, game design, animation and all that and its about 37,000
and they told me they have visited my website and looked at my film FATE and they really want me to go to their school and they will help me to get in, when ever i get my H.S. diploma

so iam wondering what you guys think of this school?

I have no opinion here nor there about Full Sail.

I do find it odd that they solicited you out of the blue, though. Very odd.

Did they say anything about having to pay upfront to get the help, to get in?

Last edited:
I think Full Sail is iffy. They contacted me about 6 months ago wanting me to come down there to an open house. They had somehow gotten a hold of a film project I did with a friend in a comm. tech class I had. I didn't think anyone outside Grimsby, Ontario had seen it. Anyhow really long story shorter, the friend sent the tape there for there addmissions which included my current address for some odd reason. He found the school to be bogus though. I looked into it further but when I found out it was going to cost me $40 grand for a 16 week associates degree I changed my mind really quick. Well that's my personal experience though. I just think it sounds like a bit of a rip off. I mean that's a lot of money for a really short period of time.

You could buy a fleet of bicycles with that kind of money. :idea:

Being a former Orlando resident and having attened a film school in Orlando (not Full Sail) I feel I can offer some advice. Full Sail is a genuine film/mulit-media school. They have primo equipment, but you will pay a primo price for it. I have known some graduates of Full Sale to be very knowledgeable and do very well upon graduation and I have also known some graduates who think they know what they are doing because they were breifly exposed to some professional equipment, but in reality they don't really have a clue how to use it properly then are afraid to admit it and end up screwing up projects and sometimes gear. Most of the former Full Sail students that I have come in contact with who are working in the industry don't tell people they went to school there. I have found the films that have come out of Full Sail in the past to look very impressive and slick, but to be lacking in story and structure.

I went to the University of Central Florida's film school four years ago. It was a fantastic program, one of the best in the state. I know they have undergone some changes to the program, I can only imagine that they have changed for the better, but I don't know first hand. Their emphasis is on writing, directing and producing.

If you are looking for work in a below the line position, I would recommend Valencia Community College, also in Orlando. I have worked with many Valencia students and I've always found them to be competent and capable. The school shoots a feature film during the fall and winter then does shorts over the summer and all the students get first had expirience working with professional equipment on a real shoot.

Hey Timur,
Back when I worked for the PBS affiliate here in Las Vegas one the producers there graduated from Full Sail. So he had a connection. Therefore he got me in for one week free. I took some classes here and there. At the time they wanted me to focus on audio, but I Checked out all of the cool stuff they have. I loved it, they have top of the line equipment.
Ok now every school good or bad wnats your money so they probably contacted you cause they figured you would be into the film stuff. So there just recruiting people.
THe bad: Costs, alot of money...
The good: Lots of hands on experience, they hook you up with a job somewhere, and all the connections you will have when finished. You can probably keep going back to take one or two week courses for free, to learn the new technology. My co-worker that went to full Sail he didn't really didn't want to jump into the film biz so he went the tv route, but hes making like 60K a year. Just chillin trust me.
So overall it's not so bad, it's all about if you want to front that kind of money. Good Luck.

I wanted to go there many moons ago.. when it would have still been $10K/yr for 4 years.. still $40K, but at least it used to go further.. anyhoo I'm of the opinion now that I'm better off alone. Especially having just come from seeing a terrible 'Hollywood' movie.

Thanks guys
but you see the thing is they didn't just contacted me out of no where, i emailed and wrote letters to them couple of months ago...and i gave my site and my bios and all that

any ways, I know that some people might thing its bad school why because some of who graduated didn't get a job. Well this school doesn't provied with 100% job.
So your on your own. and i know its a Risk but is it worth it, maybe in couple of weeks i might visit that place, see whats up over their.

Anyways thanks

oh yea one morething

due to me beeing here for 4 years they said they will help me with all the financial aid and all that stuff

You sound like you really want to do it. So do it.
Obviously the school is for real. They are accredited, I don't know if there courses transfer though.
Personally I will spend my "40 grand" on my fleet of bicycles. Maybe a chariot too. :yes:

Last edited:
Timur said:
maybe in couple of weeks i might visit that place, see whats up over their.

If you're going to be down there any way, I would suggest making appointments and going to see the other film schools in the area and see what they have to offer. Do some comparison shopping before you decide.

Timur said:
due to me beeing here for 4 years they said they will help me with all the financial aid and all that stuff

Any good school will help you do that, I still think you will end up paying more and getting less out of Full Sail. What is it you want to do in the industry?

I want to be a film director,
i love directing the scenes, because everytime i write or read any scripts i have so many ideas and i can see the whole movie unfold in my brain and i love to show it to people the way i see it

Back